Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, im a newbie (sorry) I need to replace the clutch in my '89 YJ. It has a 4.2L with a stock 5 speed manual. I was wondering what the best clutches are. I need one that will stand up to daily driving and lots of mud time. I've heard some good things about Luk, Borg & Beck and a few on Centerforce. Any comments? Advice? Thanks in advance for any help.

-Z:usa: :usa: :usa: .

·
Registered
31 Posts
I always tell it like this: I work for BMW, we PULL luk clutches out that were in there from the factory and replace them with the same luk clutch. we rarely see a clutch proboblem and when we do, its either an old car or someone doesn't know how to drive standard. also the M5's 400HP engine is backed by the same LUK clutch behind the 540i. that has to say something.
now, if you are running lots of ponies , I'd say 400+ in a BB V-8, then a centerforce might be the best. also luk rap sets are usually VERY coplete and can be bought at pepboys for a reasonable price!
Todd

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Looks like a good answer to me. Personally I use a center force but only because I got a good deal on it when I was swapping my tranny out. Haven't had any problems with it in the 3 years it's been in. I've run sand dunes in the past but stick to mostly the rocks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Luk.

O.K. thanks for the help... think im going to go with the Luk. Just because it seems like the best deal. Dial-a-clutch has some good deals on em. Thanks.

-Z:usa: :usa: :usa:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts