Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, the buggy project is underway. The front is narrowed to a point where the original 1/4" clutch reservoir line was routed outside the cage. That obviously isn't gonna work in case it gets clipped and cut. The new front end at it's widest point is even with the clutch reservoir. Go out and look at yours for an idea of how much narrower it is. The stock location of the line isn't going to work for me, so the best solution I can see is to put a 90 degree fitting on the reservoir and screw the original line back into it. Problem is I don't know what to ask for at the parts house and I don't want to cut the stock line to take the flare fitting with me. It looks like a standard Toyota double flare fitting just like on any brake system. The fitting I need will have male threads to fit into the stock reservoir and female threads on the other end all flared to match. The fitting has to be a "street" fitting, much like a street fitting for copper or steel piping to minimize the sweep.

Any ideas or part #'s? I've got pretty much any supplier here in Phoenix metro.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a crappy pic of what I want it to do. Stock comes straight out of the reservoir and line bends down the inner fender liner, but the steel tubing won't bend that sharp.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Advance Auto has all sorts of adapters, and they are very inexpensive - like $1.50 ea. I had to do this when I put the prop valve in the brake line. They also have all sorts of pre-made brake lines in various lengths. With a nipple adapter and a short piece of line you should be able to plumb exactly what your wanting.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Pat, it's the same tread pitch as the brake lines. (I plugged mine with a spare brake line welded shut) Now it's just a matter of finding that type of metric fitting. NAPA seems to have plenty of fittings. If you have a spare plug, take that with you. Good luck

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll head up to Napa or somewhere tomorrow, I found a spare brakeline in the mess that is now my garage floor that I can take with me. I'm kind of shying away from Checker after the guy told me that steel brake line and 1/4" rubber fuel line wouldn't work for extending my fuel tank lines. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Can ya send me a pic of what you did for the fuel lines? I will need to do the same and would rather not have my stocker extended

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i got a couple of tight 90* hard lines about 4" long that would do the trick off, i believe, a 2wd caliper at the boneyard.......they were male on both ends so could suit your needs...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts