Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11 pages later... Ok, I've thoroughly checked out the FAQ's pages, and might have a question that hasn't been asked. (Learned a hell of a lot too.)

I've got an 80 L/B with a newer 22r, and 4speed. I want to switch to a 4x4 automatic.

Not the brightest idea, but my girlfriend keeps burning out the clutch.

The only automatics I can find are for 22re engines. Does anyone make a computer controlled tranny to carb. tranny "kit"?
NWOR's catalog only list one for a 700r4, and 4l60.

Is there any way to somehow "Wire in" something to compansate for the computer controlled shift points?

Is there any other automatic tranny's that would bolt up to a 22r?

Any, and all suggestions, would really be apreciated.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
I would try it, I beleive the computer is self contained with info from the trans only, it may or may not take tps signals, but it has a throttle valve cable, which makes it unlikely. try just installinng it and running the trans ecu and see what happens, it will be very apparent if it will not work, when you go to drive it. find the throttle linkage from a 22r auto truck for the t.v. cable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've still got to buy an auto trans. Any ideas of what years would be good? I'm also running 35's with 5.29's. Will it make a difference.

When I find one, I guess that I'll just bolt it up, and see what happens. I really don't want to break anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts