Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have not looked at their website yet this week, they have raised all of their prices.

Basic complete uppers have gone from 525ea to 625ea. Stripped lowers have jumped from 120 -150.

I do not have an updated copy of my pricing but they have passed the increases along to dealers.
But based on the uppers I just ordered it looks like my prices are going to be ~575-590 shipped.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah and before anyone asks, I do not have any old price uppers left. I have been pretty busy and sold off everything I had. This morning I placed a new order and found out about the increase.

The person on the phone was not able to tell if my back ordered uppers (16" ML LW) will be old or new pricing, but felt they would be the old. Those are scheduled to start shipping in the next 2-3 weeks, and yes all of them have been sold.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
so whats with the $100 price jump?

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Glad I bought a CMMG lower a couple weeks ago for $135 otd at my local shop... It was the same price as going through you after paying for a transfer, Pete, but less hassle, so thats why I didn't go with you.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
does this change the price for the upper I ordered? because I have no problem paying the difference if it did, no need for you to loose money on the deal because of them changing prices.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does this change the price for the upper I ordered? because I have no problem paying the difference if it did, no need for you to loose money on the deal because of them changing prices.
I don't know 100% for sure.

Yours is one of the LW MLs.

I am thinking no. The guy on the phone seemed like an FNG.

·
Registered
948 Posts
So more than likely the price you quoted me via PM this morning needs a little adjusting. Hmmmm, looks like I may have a slightly larger "Hunny-Do" list before I get to blow some casings through my first build.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my upper today :D

it's not CMMG... but still... it's an upper... and I have it... and I didn't get raped on the price. :flipoff2:
I don't know about raped. CMMG M4 upper is 625. LMT is 675.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So more than likely the price you quoted me via PM this morning needs a little adjusting. Hmmmm, looks like I may have a slightly larger "Hunny-Do" list before I get to blow some casings through my first build.
Yeah, sorry :( Figure +75$

or we look at Stag or Double Star.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so whats with the $100 price jump?
Most likely supply and demand.

They can't keep uppers on the shelf.

There are some that think this increase might slow their sales. I just don't know.

How many folks out there make 1:7, CL barrels.
14.5", 16", 18", 20"
gov profile, medium profile, and lw profile.
car, mid, and rifle length gas systems.

Thats an awful lot of combinations and they do make a great barrel.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Pete,

No problem on the price change its totally understood, I will do some more research and thinking over the next week and get back with you. How does CMMG's quality stack up against all of the other companies such as DPMS, SunDevil, RRS, Stag, Mega etc.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Pete,

No problem on the price change its totally understood, I will do some more research and thinking over the next week and get back with you. How does CMMG's quality stack up against all of the other companies such as DPMS, SunDevil, RRS, Stag, Mega etc.

Thanks.
CMMG is GTG, lowers are pretty even all across the board but CMMG make damn good uppers. I picked up a CMMG M4 style upper a few weeks back, need to get around to painting it and posting pics. Got my CMMG BCG the other day from Pete, looks good. Hey Pete, local shop isn't carrying shit as far as AR parts, nor will they order them. You wouldn't by any chance have a gas tube roll pin laying around, would you? :laughing: I'll pay for whatever costs to get it up here...And do you stock ADM? What's an ACOG mount gonna run me?

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
yo fag clown. you gonna be painting that fawker in CO or are you ever coming back tish way?

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CMMG is GTG, lowers are pretty even all across the board but CMMG make damn good uppers. I picked up a CMMG M4 style upper a few weeks back, need to get around to painting it and posting pics. Got my CMMG BCG the other day from Pete, looks good. Hey Pete, local shop isn't carrying shit as far as AR parts, nor will they order them. You wouldn't by any chance have a gas tube roll pin laying around, would you? :laughing: I'll pay for whatever costs to get it up here...And do you stock ADM? What's an ACOG mount gonna run me?
Yes, I just got in a bunch of different ADM Aimpoint mounts yesterday. I like them.
I also got in some more of the Millet DRS-1 scopes and some zoom dots. Will try and get the photos posted tonight.

I have a ton of pins. What happened to the one I sent you? Anywhere I can just drop one in an envelope and mail it out? Fedex-ing the thing seems silly.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pete,

Thanks.
Sun Devil is good stuff, but pricey.

RRS I don't know of, did you mean RRA?

RRA, Stag, DPMS, Double Star are all pretty even on quality. I like stags because they come with the rear sight and are well priced.

CMMG does have a better BCG and barrel.
With the price increase what I am looking into is just get CMMG barrels and gas tubes. I sell more midlengths then anything else.
Get the stripped uppers from Double Star. Just like the stripped lowers, there really is no difference in stripped uppers. The T marks on the DS are colored, not so on the CMMG. DS are now 10$ cheeper then CMMG.
Would also get the hand guards and charging handle from DS.
Then use BCM bolts. They are 130 and short of going to a $275 LMT are the best BCG you can get.

Doing this it looks like I could do complete (minus rear sight) uppers for about 560 shipped.
Not quite as good as the 490 uppers, but better then $590 and I believe its going to be somewhat better quality.
16 M4
16" carbine gas, medium profile
16" ML reg profile
16" ML light weight profile
18" SPR ML
20" gov profile rifle gas.
All the same price

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Yes, I just got in a bunch of different ADM Aimpoint mounts yesterday. I like them.
I also got in some more of the Millet DRS-1 scopes and some zoom dots. Will try and get the photos posted tonight.

I have a ton of pins. What happened to the one I sent you? Anywhere I can just drop one in an envelope and mail it out? Fedex-ing the thing seems silly.
:homer: I figured that tape was a bit odd, I never noticed the pin there before. :laughing::laughing: Oops. I had just cut it off the tube and set it aside. I'm GTG, thanks for pointing out that I'm an idiot. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I believe CMMG just built a new facility that is a ways away from their old one which they are still using. They build a part and have to ship it to the other place to do another process. I'm thinking some of the price jump is to cover this shipping and the new facility.

Travis

1 - 20 of 20 Posts