Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find info on converting over to a coil over setup. Any links on where to learn the basics of it?

Thanks

2002 TJ

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTT

Come one, someone has to help me out before I resort to getting flamed in the hardcore section...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just do a search through google. Go to advance search, enter search terms, then click website, enter pirate4x4.com . You will find info about this topic try searching 4-link, link suspension, etc. This site is jam packed with info you just have to know how to look for it. Also, buying a red star helps a bunch.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try that. Just didnt know if anyone had any info off hand. As far as the red star, I dont really check in often enough to justify it. If I start using this site more, then I will.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'll try that. Just didnt know if anyone had any info off hand. As far as the red star, I dont really check in often enough to justify it. If I start using this site more, then I will.
Doing a coilover and a linked suspension is a serious thing. The reason why you you would get flames is that to do such things you must be very, very informed and illustrated. Starting from the point of burning your eyelashes by studying a considerable amount of builds looking for the basics and examples.

And then you can ask for the questions you dont understand.

If you take one article, study it and start the build, you have so many numbers to make a mess. Thats becouse that readings talk about the basics or the common scenarios, but every rig/garage/builder is different, and surely you will face situations in the making that werent described in the "manual"

On a few words there is not a perfect manual of doing a suspension swap, you have to get wet.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts

If you really want to CO and all the that goes with it then yes pay your 20 bucks and get a red star. If you would "check in" more often then you would realize that all the info your going to need to do this mod is here and it will be well worth it, not to mention when you need good parts we have a vendors section that is most helpful. Good luck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys. Yes I should get a red star, and that looks more and more like it's going to happen.

Yes, I do understand that CO conversion is a very in depth and major modification. This wouldnt happen for at least another year. That's why I am starting to do my research now, and soak up as much info as I can.

I appreciate all of the feedback and no flaming, these are the answers I was looking for.

-Fecal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts