Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main question is about the valving and spring combos I need to start with on my Tj. Shooting for 100" wb. And about 4-6" of lift. Prolly going to oh with 14s front and rear.

Even if you just point me in the direction of good threads that cover this topic. Don't be flamin.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
My main question is about the valving and spring combos I need to start with on my Tj. Shooting for 100" wb. And about 4-6" of lift. Prolly going to oh with 14s front and rear.

Even if you just point me in the direction of good threads that cover this topic. Don't be flamin.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

how big of rig? on the rear I would start with dual rate 150/250 springs 14" long each. Its a good spring on the rear of the jeeps maybe a 200/250 or 200/300 front. and valving depends on what your doing. But so does the springs what I posted doesn't mean anything if your jeep is not going to be used how I imagine

·
NERD
8,624 Posts
how big of rig? on the rear I would start with dual rate 150/250 springs 14" long each. Its a good spring on the rear of the jeeps maybe a 200/250 or 200/300 front. and valving depends on what your doing. But so does the springs what I posted doesn't mean anything if your jeep is not going to be used how I imagine
x2 I used 200/250 up front and 150/200 in the rear.

·
NERD
8,624 Posts
Kind of? :laughing:

Rear has them in place, needs less backspacing on the wheels to fit with the 8.8 but would be perfect for an Eaton.

Once the clutch slave cylinder is out of the way in the front, the suspension can cycle 6" up without issue. Takes a lot of work to keep it low but still have uptravel!

Those are the starting weights from Scott and Dirt-Fab. I highly recommend him, he is an outstanding vendor and I always go to him first. He also happens to have the best prices I've seen and is excellent with customer service and technical support. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I think your weights are a little heavy, but you'll find out when you, you know, put them on. :flipoff2:

·
NERD
8,624 Posts
I think your weights are a little heavy, but you'll find out when you, you know, put them on. :flipoff2:
Seen 'em before for a heavily armored TJ with tons of toob :D

At least mine rolls :flipoff2: j/k dood :grinpimp: waiting for an update from you!

·
Registered
519 Posts
From my personal experance of putting coilovers on my jeep don't buy springs until you know the sprung weight of your rig it will save you a bit of a headache of ordering springs twice you can calculate the weight of rig with a set of used springs and a tape measure and some math

1 - 8 of 8 Posts