Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the soa/coil we did this last weekend. The rig belongs to a friend. ("llama" on this board)

The whole conversion took about 27 hours to complete including the spring over on the front, and several trips to town.

BTW thats 27 hours straight...with no sleep:D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Can we get some pics of the front of the rear axle. It's a little hard to tell what's going on back there.

-tom

·
Registered
308 Posts
what kind of tires does he have now. Those look like smooth. let me know if he sells those

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
HO...LY... SHIT. WHAT IS THAT ON THE REAR AXLE?? IS THAT HUGE GUSSET WHAT THE LINKS ARE BASED ON??? :eek: :eek:

PS, GOT THE PS BEARING BEFORE I LEFT :)

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Nice and flexy! What did you/Llama use for the spring "cups" - did ya fab them or buy some from the spring manufacturer? Any close-up pics? Tanks! :D

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What did you/Llama use for the spring "cups" - did ya fab them or buy some from the spring manufacturer? Any close-up pics? Tanks!
Everything but the springs (4.0 ahem) was fabbed right in the shop. Allowing for the entire conversion to cost less that $100 in parts and materials. I will get some close ups asap.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
proffitt'scruisers said:

Everything but the springs (4.0 ahem) was fabbed right in the shop. Allowing for the entire conversion to cost less that $100 in parts and materials. I will get some close ups asap.
how much for labor?? 27hrs X hourly rate!! Even $40 would put it at less than $1200 for the whole thing!! Not bad, meals too?? :D Looks great!

Jeremiah, have you finiahed that V8 swap for that fella from Steamboat? I wanna go check it when I get home!

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
nice, this is the best design to run, it stops the hopping you get in the rear!!

wha thtickness is that plate
how much heaier is it?

looks like an awesome piece of work.

·
Registered
468 Posts
damn 27 hours... I've been working on my 4 link for 2 months.. I shoulda just brought it down to your shop.
of course I'd probly be done if I knew what I was doin :beer:

looks nice lets see the close ups

1 - 13 of 13 Posts