Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been making the many different ways to mount and use Coil Springs for a long time now. I thought it was time I showed the world if they didn't visit our website!

We can start with a simple Offset Coil bracket that has 3 different sized spring options...

A whole variety of spring tiedowns...Pigtail tiedown shown...

Then we have Link Mount/Coil Spring combination brackets...

We also have a ton of mounting options to choose from...

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/CoilSpringOptions.html

·
Registered
158 Posts
Question about the link coil mount. From the centerline of the axle how much higher does the lower coil cup sit? I am Looking to install it on a 86-91.5 Ford dana 60 and need to know if it will clear leaf spring casting on the drivers side.

·
Registered
25,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Question about the link coil mount. From the centerline of the axle how much higher does the lower coil cup sit? I am Looking to install it on a 86-91.5 Ford dana 60 and need to know if it will clear leaf spring casting on the drivers side.
They are 1.25" above the axle surface.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Im looking to do the same. I would also like to see pics mounted. I would really like to see pics on a 86+ D60 if anyone has used them too

·
Registered
25,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im looking to do the same. I would also like to see pics mounted. I would really like to see pics on a 86+ D60 if anyone has used them too
I am sorry but I don't have your particular D60 laying around but here are some pice installed on one of our housings...

This one is setup for coilover coil springs and it will go in my Fj45 on the rear...

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
That helps, but can you get me a measurement please. I highlited what I need.
My problem is that the inside of the mount will be over the cast center section end, and I will have to trim it to fit. Basically openig up the radius to get it around, but also extra to get the link mount angled inward.
Im thinking it may be easier to use your spring perches, and just tabs, but I would really like everything tied together.

·
Registered
25,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That helps, but can you get me a measurement please. I highlited what I need.
My problem is that the inside of the mount will be over the cast center section end, and I will have to trim it to fit. Basically openig up the radius to get it around, but also extra to get the link mount angled inward.
Im thinking it may be easier to use your spring perches, and just tabs, but I would really like everything tied together.
That section is 1.75" but if you aren't in a big hurry we should have an angled one in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Dan-

Whats the off set on the first pair listed? (center of axle to center of coil)

·
Registered
25,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
X2. that would make life much easier on me. I mean come on its not like you guys have anything else your working on:flipoff2:
Sorry guys, today is my first day back and I will be a couple of days before I can get caught up in the status of things...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts