Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RRO 8" coil conversion kit.I think the springs are all QA1 14-175's. They flex good but they give me too much body roll and feel way to soft when any weight at all is put in the back. Just looking for an idea on what springs i should be running.Any advice would help,thanks.:bounce2:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just put 200's on the back of mine and 225's up front. I also have the RRO kit but mine is stretched and probably quit a bit heavier than a stock samurai. I have a full exo cage and a 22r with a heavy winch. I bent both rear springs pretty badly and tweaked one front spring. I am hoping these stiffer springs hold up better. Summitt stocks these springs by the way.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
What shocks are you running and how are they mounted? I ran Shaffers coil kit on one of my older sammies and used 150# coils, rancho 5-way adjustables with the rear shocks angled in (ala petroworks or spidertrax rear upper shock mount) and with the shocks set on 5 it was ok driving on-road w/regards to body roll. When you run a stiffer coil you lose a little flex, so you may want to run a stiffer shock first and see if that helps with the body roll, or try a different angle on the rear shocks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts