Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love solidworks..

The area in between the links will be filled with 3/16th plate (or so) I'l lprobably add go fast holes in it to be cool ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TRD said:
what would it take to get you to send me a copy of teh frame on a cd?

thanks
I have a whole list of people that want copies of the frame/suspension. The frame is still not totally correct. Basing it on the 133" frame length when it is really more like 145" screwed us up. when the frame is a realistic version I'lls end it out to everyone and probably have Woody put it on his site for everyone to play with.

Sound good?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've got it in Inventor. If I can get it to open and convert it to a different format, I could send it to you. It's based on the correct frame dims.
My license for 5.3 expired and the 5.0 I have a school won't open it.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ballard said:
I've got it in Inventor. If I can get it to open and convert it to a different format, I could send it to you. It's based on the correct frame dims.
My license for 5.3 expired and the 5.0 I have a school won't open it.
Send it. I am sure that I can figure out a way for solidworks to open it..
[email protected]

·
Registered
881 Posts
Don't you guys have Direct connect?

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Old Rock Doc
1,782 Posts
What is going to keep the axle from moving from side to side? I don't see any triangulation of the links or a panhard bar. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Both mine and Jason's would need a panhard, but I didn't draw it in yet. I just threw in the 80 series suspension to see where it would line up to the frame rails. Pretty darn nice as it turns out.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Medusa said:
What is going to keep the axle from moving from side to side? I don't see any triangulation of the links or a panhard bar. Am I missing something?
Not missing anything.
That part has not been completly designed yet. Possibly a Watts link...

Unfortunately I am not nearly knowledgeable enough to design a link suspension system. So I am having a good friend of mine design it. He is also starting a buisness designing linked suspensions.

He goes by yellobronco on this board. Perhaps I'll have him pipe up..

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Whats with the goofy ass links? Why not just make 'em straight?

Why not triangulate a 4 link, instead of the Watts?

BTW:flipoff2:

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LAME said:
Whats with the goofy ass links? Why not just make 'em straight?

Why not triangulate a 4 link, instead of the Watts?

BTW:flipoff2:
Pretty much we are playing. Besides, in this format you would hit the frame before you hit the links..

Nothing is stone yet. But why not do something different?

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Jason M said:

Pretty much we are playing. Besides, in this format you would hit the frame before you hit the links..

Nothing is stone yet. But why not do something different?
Because different is heavy and weak. Oh wait, the heavy point is a moot point:p :flipoff2:

I just don't like panhards, watts, that type of location on an application with good amounts of travel.

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Mace,

I used to like the bent lower links that folks are doing. They looked like they wer up and out of the way and would not get bent.

That is true, but I have also been watching those that run them and I noticed that the bent links makes the full front of the tire have to climb up a vertical wall.

With the straight links, the link helps the tire up the ledge.

Just make it stong enough and make 'em straight.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
wngrog said:
Mace,

I used to like the bent lower links that folks are doing. They looked like they wer up and out of the way and would not get bent.

That is true, but I have also been watching those that run them and I noticed that the bent links makes the full front of the tire have to climb up a vertical wall.

With the straight links, the link helps the tire up the ledge.

Just make it stong enough and make 'em straight.
yeah, i think make them strong, mine are pretty thick, but i think i have made them too high :eek: above the centreline of the axle, but hey, it is CLEAR :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts