Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and some mates were talking the other week and want to know why alot of you guys swap coils out, alot of us are swapping them in. Besides the obvisious reasons, why dont you increase the lenght of the trailing arms and A frame it?

Yes coils and leafs both have there uses, but what was your reasoning for swaping out the coils?

NICK

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
NIC said:
me and some mates were talking the other week and want to know why alot of you guys swap coils out, alot of us are swapping them in. Besides the obvisious reasons, why dont you increase the lenght of the trailing arms and A frame it?

Yes coils and leafs both have there uses, but what was your reasoning for swaping out the coils?

NICK
if your refering to the 90+ 4runner crowd, the gas tank's 1 issue, toyota's geometry sucked is another, and i think teh 3rd reason is link's are a bitch to deal with when leaf's are easy simple and predictable...

i know when i did my runner leaf's were the easiest and most effective way to get flex and reliability (streetability)

that said yes i have a buggy on coilovers :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I love coils. Mine hold up fine and are pretty simple. You can always put the gas tank where the spare is. I think there are some companies that are making a triangulated setup for 90+ rear coils. There are also johnnie joint arms for rear coils. I don't see why it's such a big deal to stay coiled.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I still have coils in my 93 runner. Change out the control arms, get some longer brackets, and you're good to go. And since fj80 coils fit right in, It's cheap too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.