Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you guys think it would work.
i was thinking instead of doing a shackle flip and custom rear leafs that i might as well 3 link the rear since i think it would be interedting how it would do and i have not seen anyone do it yet.
i was thinking of using 1 1/2 .250 wall dom sleeved with 1 3/4 .120 wall dom for the links and use bushings at the axle mounts and poly performance jimmy joints or some big heims for the frame mount. also a track bar.
and just fab up some adjustable buckets using 1/4 and 3/16 plate.

what springs though i was thinking some like pretty flexy 4 inch lift early bronco coils. and with adjustable buckets i could compensate for sag in the springs

what do you think?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Go for it. I use BC bronco's 5.5" springs. Flex much better than my old Wild Horses 5.5" springs.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i like the sound of it.
i have heard people say they were gonna try to use stock 78/79 radius arms and weld on wedges. that would be a cheaper approach. personaly i like your idea better.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you guys think about springs.
Do you think the spring rate for the frontend of a early bronco would be about what is needed for the rear of my 86. i think i will try it.
maybe i will try some 5.5 bc broncos
thanks for yor thoughts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you use your 5.5 bc bronco springs in the front or the rear

·
Registered
248 Posts
Front

·
Registered
477 Posts
sounds like a great idea your links sound like they will be plenty strong and it will work pretty damn good. What about FOX airshocks????? probably be a little more then new coils but are relitively a cheap route to take.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if they could hold the weight i would consider it.
i think their would be quite a bit of body roll though

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with the lowered bukets and the springs hoe much lift did you get
i need 6 inches so i was thinking of some 4.5s

·
Registered
182 Posts
rokdog03 did you ever complete this 3 link? if so how did It turn out? I am about to head to SD to help my brother with his build up of his 80 bronco and I am thinking I am going to do the 3 link rear for him. I did it on my sami and It works great. Id just like to know how the 3 link does with the tall heavier bodied full size bronco.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Go with the Wild Horses Rock Crawler 3.5

That is what I have for the rear of my 84 BKO with 2"x1/2" DOM with 1 1/4 Hiems @ axle and polys @ the frame.

Travis

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
let us know how it goes.......got a buddy wanting to do the coils and ford radius ars all around, on a cheby :D

I run WH 5.5 coils on the front of the Feep, good articulation......

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no i ended up getting custom leafs made from alcan spring and running a sky manufaturing shackle flip.

try it i would like to see what i missed out on

·
Registered
182 Posts
TDbronco, sorry for the ignorance I am a sami man. On the wild horses rock crawler 3.5 thats 3.5 inches lift or spring type? On the rear 3 link I am going to do like you said with the 2.5 DOM for the link bars, but I have some good Jonny Joints that I have had only good luck with. I will use these on the frame and axle all around exept for the mounting point on the top link on the axle housing, this I will use a beafy hiem joint.
BUZZISCRAZY2 as for the radius arm all around; I am going to keep the front radius arms, but I will cut the drivers side and sleeve it. I have a buddy with a Rodeo with front radius arms alot like ford uses and we had to cut and sleeve one of them on the front for better articulation. This helps a bunch. I let you know how it went with some pics. I dont think he wants to go high or huge tires he just wants the max out of what he has. I will put some pics on here for u guys in feb when I get back.
Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts