Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up some fox 2.5's and they have spacers in the ends which reduce the mounting bolt to 1/2". i pulled the spacers out and measured the hole. its 5/8. i can make some spacers to the same lengths to allow the shock to move like these spacers do, but allow me to run a 5/8" bolt, or even drill these spacers out to run a 9/16" bolt. should i bother or will a 1/2" bolt be enough to hold up my 7000# truck?

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
GOAT1 said:
Use 1/2" and torque them correctly
goat beat me to it........ 1/2" is fine as long as you have the mounting tabs on the spacers...

I have seen issues with the bolt bending when poeple try to space it out further than the std. 1.25 mounting width...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the mounting width on these with the supplied spacers is actually 1.5". but i understand longer bolt more leverage.

·
Registered
776 Posts
sorry for reviving this thread, but it applies to what i need to know.

my sway-a-ways came with 1.25" wide misalignements spacers from 5/8ths to 1/2". does anyone sell spacers to take it out to 1.5" to fit standard shock brackets?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Gouky said:
sorry for reviving this thread, but it applies to what i need to know.

my sway-a-ways came with 1.25" wide misalignements spacers from 5/8ths to 1/2". does anyone sell spacers to take it out to 1.5" to fit standard shock brackets?
Fox 2.5" shocks use spacers that are 1.5" wide and use the same 5/8" bearing. Give us a call we have the fox spacers in stock.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Do you sell them to fit the king c/o ?

If you do can you show me where they are on your web page

Thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
more info, i just ordered the fox spacers from Poly performance. they are 5/8ths od inside the bushing and 13/16ths outside. they provide a 1.5" mounting width and they cost 4.50 a pair.

looking at the coilovers and doing rough math it looks like it will even allow 3-4degrees more total angle on the sway-a-ways. it should also allow me to use significantly beefier mounting tabs than the stock 1.25" width.

Thanks Poly performance for the quick awnser and the stocked parts! :smokin:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
thanks I will keep my eye out on them

I ordered some for rod ends thinking they were the same:laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts