Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of running a set on my ranger but not sure what would be best for it. Anybody run them on the street? My truck is my dd and weekend worrior, just wanted to know what the best type would be to run for my truck.

Thanks
-Mike

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
If you have specific design restraints, the specs of the shocks vary from brand to brand...leaving the brand with the most ideal dimensions being your deciding factor.

Otherwise, every manufacturer has some pros and cons. Some people weigh the shock finish higher than ease of re-valving, etc.

I personally prefer Sway-A-way first, but dont have any problems at all with King, Fox, Ballistic, etc. I use whatever is necessary...most of the time with the street trucks we set up, it comes down to color options.

·
Atomic Test Lab Rat
3,693 Posts
When I asked about it, a 2.0 coilover was recommended for anything not highspeed. If your going to be in the desert with speed you might want a 2.5 for the added oil capacity. Im using a set of Fox 2.0 Resi 14" travel shocks for my truck. (2000 4.0L extended Cab)

·
Vendor
860 Posts
Coil Overs

Radflo has all the std length shocks as well as a number of in between lengths. Custom lengths etc are also not a problem, and we do not charge anything extra for them.

A 2.0 with a reservoir would work well for the majority of all applications, unless as stated before, you are doing high speed desert driving.

Glenn

·
Registered
620 Posts
if your going to buy coil-overs just 2.5 they handle every thing that much better and the price is more but not much

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are expensive to begin with, I'm just trying to get an idea on what to run. I'm new to the coilover world, lol.

When I asked about it, a 2.0 coilover was recommended for anything not highspeed. If your going to be in the desert with speed you might want a 2.5 for the added oil capacity. Im using a set of Fox 2.0 Resi 14" travel shocks for my truck. (2000 4.0L extended Cab)
I'm doing mostly crawling and some mud. You have any pics of your rig and setup?

·
Atomic Test Lab Rat
3,693 Posts
I would love to show you some pictures of it down and out there, but alas it is not done. My setup is going to be 3 link front with panhard, the 2.0 14" Fox's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, sounds like a sweet set up. Dont think I'll be doing a coilover set up for a while, they're pretty expensive. Gotta save up some coin!

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Ok, sounds like a sweet set up. Dont think I'll be doing a coilover set up for a while, they're pretty expensive. Gotta save up some coin!
Don't know what size you need, but just to give you an example....you can get our 2.0 14" travel coilover w/ dualrate springs for $300ea. complete. Let me know if I can help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts