Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanna see what you guys have brewed up.

Search nets me 1,806 threads that contain "Seach newbie :flipoff2: "

Cheap bastard methods would be best.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Here's a link from the axle jig discussion from a few weeks ago.

Or you could shamelessly copy RE brackets:

Or try these links for non-TJ type brackets:

Pic 1 - Springs mounted
Pic 2 axle plate before springs mounted

The uppers mounts are two wedges in a X, so that when if the spring drops away and then comes back up it will be guided back in place. Wish I had a better picture cause my description sucks..

·
Registered
406 Posts
FYI

TONY K...Rock Equipment... has these. and simple top captured plates as well... Pretty Cheap...

Attachments

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pigpen62 said:
Thats what I was thinking. and on top I am gonna use 3 mini u-bolts to capture the springto the mount.

Thanks for the pics.

:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Here is the top... I have it braced now, but the welded rings/spacer thingy's work pretty nice....

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts

This is as simple as it gets.The spring is retained by limiting straps.at full droop the spring flops around but cannot escape top or bottom.On the pass side the spring sits on a plate but is contained similarly.The rear coils are captured top and bottom via tubing and clamp

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hey Pigpen62: Using those welded pieces to the plate to capture the upper end of the coil....how do you get the coil out? Can you just spin the coil and it comes out? Or do you have to cut the little loops? Just curious. I'm sure I'm missing something.....

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by jeepmauler

You are going to bend or break that heim joint on the pitman arm when the suspension droops.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You are going to bend or break that heim joint on the pitman arm when the suspension droops. [/B]
It has not bent or broken yet in well over a year of hard wheelin 1-2 times a week. They do tend to wear out fairly quick though. Like in 2-3 months. We took such things in consideration when we set the limiting straps as well.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Unbolt the bottom and spin it out... You had it right.

·
Registered
875 Posts
You are going to bend or break that heim joint on the pitman arm when the suspension droops. [/B]

Yeah,I know it's tight.It is being swapped out to a different setup to allow more missalignment fer the heim.It does how ever work fine like it sits,the photo is a little missleading, but it is being addressed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts