Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on my "MONEY PIT" 95 4Runner that is in the works as a rock crawler, yet street legal. I am doing a SAS and running 5.29's with a detroit rear and probably similar front (still deciding). The problem that I am running into is I hate the coil spring suspension. I know most people love it but I don't. I want the front to match the rear. Plus I have had experience with the leafs in my 85 4Runner that I under extreme stupidity sold. So here is my question. Has anyone done this swap and can you help me out. I am going to use TG Rock Assualt housing with classic lift of 5inches but I can't remember how the leafs were set up and cutting out all the coils crap, SO PLEASE HELP!! Can someone please measure from the rear of the frame where their rear and front spring hangars are located? Please Help

·
Registered
786 Posts
Remove the axle and cut all the brackets off your frame and axle. Get some spring perches and weld them on...bolt the leaf springs to the axle. Then roll the axle into place and weld the front mounts on. Then make sure your shackle angle is correct and weld the rear mounts on............Sounds simple right:flipoff2: It's not very complicated once you get started.

I just saw that you were getting the TG housing....You can have them weld the perches on. Just be sure to tell them what you want. Why are you going with the TG rear axle? Are you going wider? Is something wrong with yours? The stock IFSs rears and pretty tough.

·
Registered
105 Posts
use a plum bob, find center of wheelwell, measure forward 27 1/2"(found that on Trail Junks website) from plum bob, set your front hanger.....u do the rest because your shackle angle is up to you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks and to those who said why are you doing a SAS, :flipoff2:, SAS is way easier and for alls information I planned on using a plumb bob to figure out the exact measurement. I was just hoping someone would be kind enough and have done this swap to go outside to their rig and do the measurements for me. Lazy, yeah a little, but either way thanks for all your help and am a little bit more mechanic inclined then the usual. Used to own a 85 4Runner with 6inch lift ARB front Spool rear Trail only, but after I got married had to sell. I know stupid but if it is good it is good nuff' said

1 - 8 of 8 Posts