Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious on what you guys think abouthe ups and downs of coils, leafs, and nitrogen/oil shocks... I'm building a custom rear suspension for my 94 XJ and I'm still unsure of which of these to run in the rear. I would really like to run a rear 3 link similar to clayton's setup, but have been guided toward long leafs in a few other posts... just curious if anyone has had good or bad experiences with any of these setups to hopefully help me decide what to do... I want a big lift... not some standard bolt on stuff... I wanna be custom and I want to have awesome performance on road and off. mostly off, of course. If I go with the 3 link, I would really like to run these nitrogen/oil shocks, mainly because they look like monster truck shocks, and also because they are easy to work on. I can change where they top out, bottom out, and compression and rebound all by changing stuff on the inside, stuff I can tinker with at home. The downside is that they cost more than regular ol coils. around $250 EA. can I get regular old coils to perform as well? and can I adjust them as easily? and with leafs, can I get them to ride as good as coils, and have as much flex?? Ive searched and found some good info on how to build this stuff up, but I was curious on opinions between my different options.... any help would be killer :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well you gotta admit there's always something to be said about parts that look cool :) Who wants an ugly rig? the main advantage to these shocks is tunability and self-servicable. just curious on what would be the best way to go about it here.... also, how big of a lift do I need to run like 37s on this xj and still maintain good articulation???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.