Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cold start injector stopped working for some reason, i'm guessing a temp sensor or something of the sort, maybe even wiring since i did a efi swap on it(i got a few other things not working, but i'll keep that to myself). so i ran a hot wire to a toggle and straight to the injector. flip it on when cold til it starts, and shut it off. i had it wired like this for about 5 or 6 months, and now the injector stopped working all together. any ideas? am i sending too much power to it? should i put an inline fuse or something? i thought of runnng it to the started switch, that was everytime the truck goes to start it fires, but i think that might make it start harder when its warmed up. let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The stock switch was temperature sensitive, it wouldnt fire the CSI if the engine is hot. I did the EFI swap too and left it out, but I'm thinking of hotwiring mine. Or i could just do it right and never worry about it again.

The cold start injector runs off 12v, so its impossible to overpower it in a cars 12 volt environment. You could burn it out though if you left it on for a really long time, but thats unlikely. Try jumping the injector directly to the battery, or just testing the injector terminals for voltage while someone else is cranking. That'll tell you whether or not you need a new injector.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Injector

If you leave it on, it will burn out. Try a momentary switch kinda like a horn. You should check the wiring cause obviously something is wrong. Or better yet, just jump everything out and put in more buttons.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i tried jumping it straight to the battery, and it didn't do anything. i'm sure the injector went bad. its probably cause i left the switch on too long. i for got to turn it off the last time. i was getting out of the truck and accidentally flipped it and didn't realize til morning.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
just hook it to the ignition switch like it suppose to be. when you let go of the key its stops. That puppy aint cheap so pull one out of a pick and pull

·
Registered
288 Posts
The CSI is ground switched, and only fires when the engine is cranking over. (so No need to worry about burning it out) It is controlled by the Cold Start Injector Time Switch, Which is basically a fancy name for a temp sensor

You can run a toggle switch from the CSI into the Cab and down to ground.

When you go outside and your nuts shrink 1/2" or more, chances are it's Cold outside and you will need to activate the CSI. :D

Has been working great for me for over 3 years now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts