Premium Member
29,409 Posts
inspired by for sure

resembles? not so much :laughing:

overall looks good

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Is this a contest to see how many bow ties were incorporated into the build? Amazing showbuggy quality, ugly as sin

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It doesn't get much uglier than that.

Edit: I actually like the front end. Everything from the dash back is not appealing at all.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
1k Hp, 700cid and 8k rpm doesn't exactly go with "trail buggy". Then again, it probably puts out 500ft/lbs at idle.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
1k Hp, 700cid and 8k rpm doesn't exactly go with "trail buggy". Then again, it probably puts out 500ft/lbs at idle.
I don't see that buggy crawling around trails with an engine like that. I bet the cam doesn't make power until 3500+ RPMs from the sounds of it, and if that's the case, the converter to go with it would build so much heat at a crawl it would be toast in a few runs built to the hilt or not.

And it would take all of 10 seconds of SRRA competition to completely destroy the nose of that buggy. More of a conversation peice than anything unless the owner is willing to destroy it for "fun".

Not what I would spend that kinda coin on, that's for sure. To each their own....

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Doesnt much resemble a camaro. The guy describing it reminds me of the old pitcher from "Major League "

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Rear engine is different. Definitely the only bouncer buggy you can actually see out of to drive. Doesn’t look bad to me. Kinda like a rzr buggy tube scheme. I like it. Should have put more camaro skin on it. At least the rear should have car skin/bumper/lights

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
From the video it was never meant to be a bouncer.....but it certainly isn't a logical trail rig/crawler either. They way they were shining it, I see it going next to his camero collection and car shows.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Looks interesting. Was watching a bouncer video and thinking that if someone did a cantilever suspension so they could see over the hood it might make be a whole new world.

Saw this video with the shocks leaned back and figured it showed some merit to not having front shock towers higher than the roof line. Would be interesting to see it get shock tuned with the shocks laid back so much.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Looks interesting. Was watching a bouncer video and thinking that if someone did a cantilever suspension so they could see over the hood it might make be a whole new world.

Saw this video with the shocks leaned back and figured it showed some merit to not having front shock towers higher than the roof line. Would be interesting to see it get shock tuned with the shocks laid back so much.
Heavy ass springs. JR did it forever ago on his Bronco buggy, even on portals. Granted it was a rock donkey.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Heavy ass springs. JR did it forever ago on his Bronco buggy, even on portals. Granted it was a rock donkey.
I remember that.

Seen street guys do it with C/Os, there's some formula for the angle of the shock changes spring rate by a percentage. Don't recall specifics, but thought it was cool

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Yeah, I get there's a formula to effective spring rate, but at some point, it seems like you'd lose mechanical advantage and tune-ability.

Was JR's bronco buggy this laid over? I've seen a few different ultra4 with aggressive shock angles to maximize travel, but I don't recall something this aggressive. Not saying it won't work, just wonder if additional challenges are uncovered.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Yeah, I get there's a formula to effective spring rate, but at some point, it seems like you'd lose mechanical advantage and tune-ability.

Was JR's bronco buggy this laid over? I've seen a few different ultra4 with aggressive shock angles to maximize travel, but I don't recall something this aggressive. Not saying it won't work, just wonder if additional challenges are uncovered.
Not nearly as much in retrospect. It was A LOT taller though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts