Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
lets get organized in colorado and im willing to offer some top notch areas to snow wheel , in southern colorado, my number is 719 298 9874 when do u think is a good time to organize some runs? the summit pic

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I might be down but currently my canam is the only vehicle I have to wheel, my truck is under the knife and blazer I couls probably throw a motor in and come down. How much area do you have for wheeling down there.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wheeling alot, snow right now not mutch forthe year weve prolly gotten 3 feet total , as it snows more now it will start stayin ,

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
basicly when the snow gets deep here we have 150 miles of road to wheel on then a crap load of trails lots of ditches and cannyons, and im planning a winter run up mt blanca this year wich is quite dangerous , not for weak hearted, lots of drop offs

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heres a coupple basic things for wheelin down here in the snow, the vechile needs to be locked front and rear diffs, winches are handy, ditches covered by snow eat machines. the snow is almost all powder. a crystall type , most trucks never make it 100 feet from where i stop plowin,theres alot of serious angles here climbs we refer to as kill zones. snow starts at 9000 feet and we run all the way to 11,700 feet. base camp is at my house at 6693 lyet rd in the sandge de cristo ranches at 10,000, where i have welding and machining abilties kinda in the center of the region. as well as alot of parts mainly toyota. i do have heavy equipment sutch as dozers, backhoes and others if some one wanted to make obsticles although theres alot of natural ones in every form. mud ,rock , creek, climbs ect, . everything is on private land. any how snows a commin thanks john 719-298-9874

·
Registered
296 Posts
I may be very interested this winter! Perhaps when I'm down skiing at wolf creek we can swing over for a day or two!

I'm running a yj, v8' 40's and tons.... Good amount of belly clearance which I'd imagine is good in the snow.....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
heck yea and ive got some back counter snow boarding that we can do or skiing we just need at lesat 2-3 people so we can shuttle ill try and link some pics

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
in the higher country theres around 2 feet down at my place im in aair lock so its almost gone but ill prolly have 8-12 new this weekend

1 - 20 of 31 Posts