Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Search this forum, there have been quite a few suggestions in the past. It kinda depends what you are looking for. Hard core crawling or just light fire-roading type stuff? Penrose has a lot of hard core stuff, Independence, Patriot, Freedom, etc. Just west of the springs, you can head up Old Stage road and hit trails such as Saran Wrap, Eagle Rock and others, but these aren't difficult but can be fun

·
Registered
30 Posts
What kind of rig do you have? If your a crawler there is Chinamans Gulch or Carnage. If your a mild wheeler there is 4 mile near Buena Vista.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry rookie mistake, I should have said more what I was looking for.

I'm looking for some woods-desert trails. I have a stock Nissan Frontier so no rock crawling for me right now, but I would like to test it out someplace and see what it can do.

I have done Old Stage road a few times already, its nice, but kinda busy. Looking for something more off the beaten path.

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
there's the gulches that aren't too far either. some of them aren't too bad from what i've heard. once i get my rig fixed i'll be heading up eagle rock, saran wrap and the gulches. also check out rampart range road. lots of little trails that go off that road. some can be a challenge for stock vehicles. all are very scenic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts