Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife and I are discussing future landscaping and yard improvement projects for this spring when she asks when I'm going to build the other half of my shop (currently an open wall lean-to my FJ40 lives in).

After some talking about parking capacity what the addition might look like she said "UNLESS YOU'RE GOING TO BUY ANOTHER CRUISER":bounce2: So I made the most of the moment and told her "yes I am" :D

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The conversation was merely a setup for my future FJ45 search.

I neglected to tell her I was buying a FJ40 until the deal was done, so I told her it was for my unborn son;) when it showed up at the house she was not suprised.

I just thought it was funny that I had not mentioned another Cruiser (yet) but she knew that another one would eventually be in the garage.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Deep South Cruisers said:
I neglected to tell her I was buying a FJ40 until the deal was done, so I told her it was for my unborn son;) when it showed up at the house she was not suprised.

That is how I got my GPW ;)

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GloNDark said:

I wonder if I could get away with buying a vette and playing it off like that?? :D
Anything too shiny or new will immediately be recognized by the wifey and will be confiscated & returned to the prevoius owner;)

dirty old stinking land Cruisers = Yes
shiny new Corvette = no way in hell

·
Registered
7,178 Posts

Anything too shiny or new will immediately be recognized by the wifey and will be confiscated & returned to the prevoius owner;)

dirty old stinking land Cruisers = Yes
shiny new Corvette = no way in hell
thats it:

its got to be a "long term" project for the good of the child

oh and it was "super cheap" and will be finished "soon" (like 15 years)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
All y'all's wives are pretty laid back, mine can recognize Cruiser-related bullshit before I even invent it! Even little details, the other day she spotted one of my little Hella lights I got for the interior and would *not* believe that it's for her benefit, so she can read the map better! :flipoff2:

If I came home with another Land Cruiser before I can get the big-ticket items finished on this one (and maybe after I do), she would kill me. It wouldn't matter how rare/exotic/desirable the Cruiser was, one of you would end up owning it.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wife is VERY laid back, and very understanding of my addiction. I could invest my time and money in faaaaaaaaar more evil hobbies.

So now, when the FJ45 comes creeping up the driveway on a trailer she wont say a word (out loud anyway;) ) The FJ40 actually was purchased for my son Ian (11 months old) but I think he would prefer a FJ45:laughing:

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
The wife is VERY laid back, and very understanding of my addiction. I could invest my time and money in faaaaaaaaar more evil hobbies.

So now, when the FJ45 comes creeping up the driveway on a trailer she wont say a word (out loud anyway;) ) The FJ40 actually was purchased for my son Ian (11 months old) but I think he would prefer a FJ45:laughing:
i think he would prefer an FJ45 ROFL :eek:

maybe a toy with a rattle :D but the FJ45 is alright ;)

·
Registered
5,346 Posts

:laughing: I tried that a month ago when I had the runner traded for a nice 65 fj40.
me "It'll be a resto project for me n' Collin."
her " You are trading an 85 for a 65?No you're not..."
:( .*rubbing hands together* little does she know, I'm workin on a deal for another 65 fj40, with a payment plan.That's right, keep the runner, AND get a 40.WooHoo!!:)

·
Registered
66 Buick Riviera GS, 78 FJ40, 82 FJ60, 87 Samurai, 00 Tundra, 07 Tundra CM 4x4, ‘21 Rivian R1T soon!
257 Posts
Wives need to be broken in. Henry, you're still having trouble because you married a woman who was on to your tricks from day one.

I did the same thing, but i managed to swing buying a 40 i didn't need (when do we ever, really?) by telling her I'd sell my Tacoma, and we'd buy her a new lexus, or whatever she wanted.

This made her happy.

She didn't even have time to wonder if i'd go through with it before i had found one and taken the money out to buy it.

So, the Taco is for sale, and i have new 40.

She'll get a new Lexus, and all will be right with the world. And i get to drive the lexus if my trucks are laid up cause she can walk the 4 blocks to work. :)

It's all about give and take. ;) She gives, and i take.

I will say that once you get the go ahead, do it fast, before they change their minds.

Rob

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
My wife is far more concerned about the amount of time I sink in my trucks. $ yes but not as much as the time. I think I have gotten around the $$ thing with her, but there always has to be something… but I have discovered new allies. My two year old son loves my trucks and just last Saturday he went for his second wheeling trip. Today my wife called me a work “Where is the truck video you made? Ryan has been asking for it all morning!” YES that’s my boy! He is sitting at home watching edited video of Moab! Now all he needs to do is teach his little 4 mth old brother the same and I have the ultimate alliance! HA HA HA “Gee honey I need to get started on the boys trucks now, so they are built when they can drive” or “Yes that cost $1800, but its for the boys safety.” Three to one, I love those odds!

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Dave W said:
is it just me or is Clmber Mike a MAJOR PERV...
Practicing to be a dirty old man when he grows up:flipoff2:

Wives like to get stuff too....It makes it easier to get more "car parts"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts