Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Toyota trucks, 4Runners, FJ40 and FJ60.

These are made of 4340 chromoly. The splines are rolled (as are our current 4140 chromo inners). The new axles are due in from Superior Axle, All Pro's axle supplier for the last 3 years, in 2 weeks.

Introductory price. $199/set

PROFIELDS and Chromo Inner package $357!!!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Well good deal, so are you going to cryno yours?

So Superior is going to make yours and Bobby's, so there will be no difference if you heat treat. Also are they going to be designed the same way?

Seems like that would be some kind of ethics problem for them, but I guess money is money.

Also when do you expect them, by the end of the month?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All Pro and Bobby will be selling the exact same axles. All Pro actually had a 2 year exclusive with Superior Axle...which is now expired....there is no ethics problem here at all.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Well good to hear, so when will you have them, You are making it hard for a guy to have cash around the holidays.:D

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Mike, can you answer about Martacking these axles.

As I understand it we run the clip that goes in the birfield and there is no clip on the outside. So should there be no need to tack them correct.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
And while on the subject,

have you gotten any axles for testing purposes yet to see how they compare to your current axles?

I am sure stronger is your answer.:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JamisonWorkshop said:

As I understand it we run the clip that goes in the birfield and there is no clip on the outside. So should there be no need to tack them correct.
No need to Martack (and we would not recommend that anyway)...just install like you would a stock assembly.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
StudYot94 said:

Crap! U mean I just ordered my package for $379 and I get a lesser quality inner? :confused:
Lots of incredible developments in the Toy market lately. Things are happening fast and furious...and I am convinced you will see many more developments in the near future. I am sure you will still be more than satisfied with your axles that you got at a smokin' deal...! But call and talk to me if you aren't happy.

Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JamisonWorkshop said:

Sorry for the delay...I've been pretty slow at responding due to being pretty slammed here....

Yeah...no need to Martack, just set it up like you would a stock assembly.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Mike Bundrant said:

No need to Martack (and we would not recommend that anyway)...just install like you would a stock assembly.
But if you are still running the old style Longfield with the welded ring, you have to martack or you can not get the shaft stub out of the birfield when the axle breaks.
Or are you guaranteeing that the longfield will break before your axle will, there for allowing you to reuse the axle.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
B4Wheeler said:

But if you are still running the old style Longfield with the welded ring, you have to martack or you can not get the shaft stub out of the birfield when the axle breaks.
Or are you guaranteeing that the longfield will break before your axle will, there for allowing you to reuse the axle.
The martack has nothing to do with getting the broken stub from the inner axle, out of the birf inner race when it breaks at the snap ring. Some times they fall out, others require some persuasion. I have had to weld a bolt or rod to most to yank the stub out.

You don't think anybody is gonna guarantee the birf breaks first do ya? I prefer the inners breaking first, so If these new birfs are strong enough to hold up to a 4340 axle breaking first, I'd actually be happy.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
My point is....with the old style longfields with the welded ring, you cant rebuild the joint, so you have to martack the axle so that if the axle breaks at the outer clip like it always does, you can get the broken piece out of the birfield. If you put the spring clip on the axle and the axle breaks at the outer clip, where it always does, you cant get the broken piece out, because the spring clip is holding it in.
Now with the new Profields and Longfields, that are rebuildable, this is not an issue and you can use the spring clip like you would in a stock configuration.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
If it breaks off only leaving the stub you will have to weld on a piece of metal and bang it to get it out like you would any axleshaft to seperate it. If there is only a stub left you may be able to get it apart, Either way when the splines are twisted it is a bitch to get out of the cage weather in the birf. or not.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
My point exactly.

That is why I say you have to put the tack on the shaft. Otherwise you cannot replace the shaft on the trail. You would have to have a complete spare longfield and chromo shaft to continue.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I myself will have the Heavy duty birf and axles installed,
leaving me my stock birf and shafts for spares,
I have another set of stock axles for spares and I am buying another spare heavy duty birfield. Soooo that should cover me for getting off of the trail. :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
any numbers on the pressure it will take to break these, and in you opion how do they compare to the poly performance style of axle. if you want you can pm the answer. I have called the shop and haven't got anything expect that john has been busy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts