Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 341 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days."

Jeff M
That's fucking bullshit.
I wrote it, it's mine to edit.

So does:
Account Settings/Preferences/Focused Reading Mode .............................. takes away the gigantic sidebar on the right. Might only be for paid members, says premium.
HOHO there we go! god bless america!

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
any word on when the little pictures are coming back? :rasta: :tank: :flipoff: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
559 Posts
For what it's worth, there once was a time when the mods/admins of this site followed it closely enough to not only know who to put up as a feature, but they also likely knew them in person. Perhaps if the mods/admins cared enough about the content here instead of the ad-driven revenue, they'd know who to feature already. But instead, I guess we're stuck with whoever uploads a pic first. :shaking:
What you don't like my dick n balls? Well stop staring at em.
:flipoff2: 😆

·
Premium Member
11,147 Posts
You mean custom Smilies, we have not been restoring those but I will run it up the chain.

Jeff M
You said that 3 weeks ago too, were you lying then?

AG Jeff said:
I will see what we can do to try and save them.

Talking to the migration team about it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
See that right there, that's the shit that absolutely says you guys don't give a shit about the users or the community they've created with the forums.
Why would you not restore a forums CUSTOM smilies other than absolute 100% callous disregard with a large dollop of don't give a fuck, you have a forum here with 2 plus DECADES of history and each of those custom smilies have a connection to the community, do any of you useless fucks even care why there WAS :teamtank.

I've been involved in 3 separate systems migrations at industrial plants so I understand the reasoning behind moving forward, and you guys have approached forum migrations as if their industrial plant migrations, where each plant gets it's own header and title but beyond that every is the same across all these forums that are under your corporate umbrella. Sorry but that's a giant fuck you to the community that created and grew those INDIVIDUAL communities.
You guys have forced this awful downgrade onto many an angry forum community and absolutely plaster the place in ads, then to make your jobs easier you fuckin destroy any an all individuality that those communities with a total ZERO FUCKS GIVEN attitude because there's fuck all we can do, it's take it or fuckin leave it, because the only thing that any of those syrup sucking assholes care about is ad revenue.

As long as they get them ducats from the ads, We can obviously take our Pirate family's distinctive community idiosyncrasies and the character and camaraderie of this place, and fuck right off, because "I will run it up the chain" means absolutely fuck all will be done to correct this shit, because if it mattered it'd been handled before the fuckin migration.

·
Administrator
251 Posts
You said that 3 weeks ago too, were you lying then?

No, I asked and if they could migrate them and they did not. I am now going to share that it has been a pain point in the feedback from you guys and try another approach to see if they can add them back.

Honestly, I am a 15+ year forum veteran and here to try and get things sorted for you guys to the best of my powers. I get forums and what makes them special. VS had purchased some communities that I have helped start over the years so I have been in your shoes. So let's work together to make things happen. This trolling and name-calling aren't gonna help the cause but good constructive feedback and feature requests will.

Example:
Don't say "This sucks, I hate it, you are a *&%$%$%$" Tell me what you can't do or find, why, and what you suggest. Then I have legit ammo to run up the chain. Save the rants for the Chit Chat threads and bring me solid info here, I will work with to champion your cause.

Executives and developers will listen to real feedback but they can not work with rants and name-calling. I know you guys are passionate and upset with the change but use your words in the thread please.

Jeff M

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,089 Posts
Its 10:00 PM CST and we fabbed up this recovery bar and sweet Daylighter bar in a driveway the night before a Gambler 500 rally.

Jeff M
How many times are you going to post pics of your pastel POS ? Thanks for confirming the rest of my statement though.

If course, you were here at 10pm, it was day 2 of a major clusterfuck of a redsign (re-destroy) of what was the best OR website on the net.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Adding to the list of bring back the custom Pirate smilies. They are a huge part of our history and identity here. Personally I can’t believe Roxy hasn’t flipped out on you guys over her smiley disappearing.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
No, I asked and if they could migrate them and they did not. I am now going to share that it has been a pain point in the feedback from you guys and try another approach to see if they can add them back.

Honestly, I am a 15+ year forum veteran and here to try and get things sorted for you guys to the best of my powers. I get forums and what makes them special. VS had purchased some communities that I have helped start over the years so I have been in your shoes. So let's work together to make things happen. This trolling and name-calling aren't gonna help the cause but good constructive feedback and feature requests will.

Example:
Don't say "This sucks, I hate it, you are a *&%$%$%$" Tell me what you can't do or find, why, and what you suggest. Then I have legit ammo to run up the chain. Save the rants for the Chit Chat threads and bring me solid info here, I will work with to champion your cause.

Executives and developers will listen to real feedback but they can not work with rants and name-calling. I know you guys are passionate and upset with the change but use your words in the thread please.

Jeff M
If you can't do anything other than "run things up the chain" to executives and developers, what fucking good are you?

Tell someone that can actually make the changes to get nere and talk to us directly.

There's another site that I recently joined, much better than this one, the person who runs it is actually talking with us. Not some useless fucking middle man.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Jeff the :flipoff2: smiley needs to be fixed, ASAP. Extremely important to do. Its the heart of the board, the soul of PBB.

Honestly you will keep a lot of members happy by getting it working. We both know its a piece of cake to do.

181 - 200 of 341 Posts