Pirate 4x4 banner

221 - 240 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
What a bunch of crybabies. :flipoff2:

.... snip... Purging a few longtime crybaby members might help too. ....
was thinking this same thing, while reading thru 11 pages of whining and crying
everyone of these whiners had the chance to buy up p4x4 and pay the server fees

though i would like a little less free space on each post. scrolling gets old, i'd rather see more posts per screen
i have to admit i'm not seeing all the ads you guys are whining about. use chrome with adblock, i never see ads

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
was thinking this same thing, while reading thru 11 pages of whining and crying

though i would like a little less free space on each post. scrolling gets old, i'd rather see more posts per screen
i have to admit i'm not seeing all the ads you guys are whining about. use chrome with adblock, i never see ads
not everybody had the chance to buy the site :lol: doesn't mean we can't ASK that the current owners unfuck some simple little shit to make the experience better

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Here is another case on the edit limit for you.

I recently (thank the fuck Christ before the update) decided to duplicate my build thread info on another board I frequent so the users there could see all the work I’ve done. The easiest way for me to do that was to go thru my thread here one post at a time, click the edit button, select all the txt and image tags, copy the post, and paste it on the other site.

My build thread is 17 pages and counting. Over 150 posts just from me on my progress. With this limit now in place it would have taken me 15 weeks to copy one build thread over to another board instead of the hour and a half or so it took me. That’s just ridiculous.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
curious...if someone wants to delete their contribution to the site why would that be prevented? most of the content was on photobucket anyway but I am curious why anyone would care if someone else deletes their own posts

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Honestly, I am a 15+ year forum veteran and here to try and get things sorted for you guys to the best of my powers. I get forums and what makes them special. VS had purchased some communities that I have helped start over the years so I have been in your shoes. So let's work together to make things happen. This trolling and name-calling aren't gonna help the cause but good constructive feedback and feature requests will.
wow 15 years...amazing. I have been on this forum for 20 years.

there are only 2 other forums I have seen similar to pirate4x4, and your bosses are fucking up Yellowbullet the same as they have killed pirates.
for you to say something stupid like 'I know forums' while being the spokeperson for the dipshits that killed the best forum on the internet along with MOST of the forums online, shows exactly what you 'know' about forums.
you think they should all be exactly the same, and you are doing everything you can to make them exactly the same.

VS is a virus.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

I recently (thank the fuck Christ before the update) decided to duplicate my build thread info on another board I frequent so the users there could see all the work I’ve done. The easiest way for me to do that was to go thru my thread here one post at a time, click the edit button, select all the txt and image tags, copy the post, and paste it on the other site.

My build thread is 17 pages and counting. Over 150 posts just from me on my progress. With this limit now in place it would have taken me 15 weeks to copy one build thread over to another board instead of the hour and a half or so it took me. That’s just ridiculous.
Why not use multiquote? Go through the thread checking "quote" for each of your posts, then hit insert quotes.
Wont get replies to someone else, but it will give you all of your posts with all tags (other than quote).
How do I report posts that hurt my feelings? 🤷‍♂️
Like this I assume:

Aaron Z

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
wow 15 years...amazing. I have been on this forum for 20 years.

there are only 2 other forums I have seen similar to pirate4x4, and your bosses are fucking up Yellowbullet the same as they have killed pirates.
for you to say something stupid like 'I know forums' while being the spokeperson for the dipshits that killed the best forum on the internet along with MOST of the forums online, shows exactly what you 'know' about forums.
you think they should all be exactly the same, and you are doing everything you can to make them exactly the same.

VS is a virus.
fuckin' A

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
Fixing a build thread with broken photobucket images is a GREAT example of keeping content live and functional that you’re currently preventing.

And as grendel pointed out, I own my content here and it’s my right to delete and edit as I see fit. Your policies are preventing that as well.

Bullshit.

Updating the site platform is one thing, and perhaps it was overdue. Perhaps a lot of us just saw it as working and didn’t give a fuck about backed issues and certainly don’t care about making VS admin easier on the backend.

Where you fucked up is policy changes that affect the feel of the site, and changing the default look& feel so significantly, and in ignoring the special character that makes pirate pirate.

There’s no excuse not to import the smilies. None. The fact that it wasn’t immediately done and has been a fight at all speaks so many volumes at a deafening level.

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,733 Posts
"
Submissions
By posting/sending a message in any public electronic forum on the Web Site, you agree to have that message along with your name and/or user name posted for public viewing both here and in other promotional and advertising materials and on other VerticalScope Inc. web sites, without compensation.
Pirate4x4.com does not undertake to necessarily post every submission. All messages that are posted here represent the opinions of the individuals or organizations posting those messages, and do not express the ideas or opinions of Pirate4x4.com or VerticalScope Inc.. You may copy the posted messages for personal use, but redistribution in any way requires the written permission of Pirate4x4.com. In consideration of this authorization, you agree that any copy you make of any message(s) located on this web site shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the content posted by you on or through the Web Site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth below, and (ii) the Posting of your content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
You agree to grant to Pirate4x4.com a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of Pirate4x4.com or which you provide by email or any other means to Pirate4x4.com and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you grant to Pirate4x4.com the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to Pirate4x4.com.
"Terms of Use

It's not even legal. LOL. It actually conflicts itself in several places.

17 U.S. Code § 204 - Execution of transfers of copyright ownership

Under the United States Copyright Act of 1976, copyright vests the moment any eligible work is fixed in a tangible medium.

While the TOS may claim ownership of what we post, according to 17 U.S.C. Section 204 it isn't enforceable. Once copyright vests in the author, it cannot be conveyed legally (assigned or licensed) without a signature on a physical document. Period.

P.S. Despite the fact the TOS belongs to a Canadian company, the Berne Convention still allows U.S. law to prevail. Canada and the U.S. are both signatories.

I sent it to my State's Attorney General. I suggest you do the same. They are deeply interested, as you can't lawfully comply with their terms of use, without a signature anyway. I also sent it to my free attorney appointed to me by my employer.

Posting here after the un-publicized and unauthorized Terms of Use changes does not change the copyright I posted under before.

They haven't deleted all my earlier content and I have not given them the copyright to it.

·
Atomic Test Lab Rat
3,673 Posts

Based on the response by @AG Jeff, this would be part of the reason why they employed it. Much like photobucket tried to ransom people over photos, VS is going to ransom people over their content. The harder it is to transfer to another site or location, the less likely you are to follow through

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Why do my posts with pictures have to be reviewed by a moderator?

Even if I edit a post that didn't have one prior. Now has to be reviewed.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Geeze. Can't even ask a question in this thread without it having to go through moderator approval.

I understand and sympathize with all the bitching, I don't do forums as much as I used used to.

AR15 dot com had massive amounts of complaining when they switched over. I think folks like it better over there now, but not positive. Haven't been there in a long time.

But I will say this: So far this update is one of the worst I have seen from the other forums I've witnessed switching over. It has an awful "clunky" feeling to it, and so far I'm extremely turned off by the fact that my posts with links or pics now have to be reviewed by a moderator.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
odd. the irate4x4.com guy said he tried to buy it for some time with no success. so maybe you do not know wtf you are talking about.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
this new forum design sucks in all ways imaginable. function, format, ease of use not to mention the new "rules" . consider me a past viewer of this forum and cancel my subscription. good luck to you...

221 - 240 of 305 Posts