Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know eveyone has an opinion on the hottest setup. Lets hear
it. Would like to run a 2.0 or 1.6,auto yes auto,need to disconnect axles. Possibly 44's since I have 4-6 laying around
I think I can have 33 spline axles made or maybe 300m 30 spline.
I would rather not run dbl t-cases to save weight but.....

And DSI where did you end up at St.george?

·
Registered
144 Posts
yup, everyone has an opinion, heres mine! :flipoff2:

tube chassis, 150 hp 2.7 tacoma moter, toy W56 tranny, dual toy cases with 4.7 to 1 gears in the back case. 5.38 gears, tera 60R axles, ARBs and cutting brakes, hydro steering, 38 inch cut TSLs, 17x8 beadlocks

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rockzilla said:

tube chassis, 150 hp 2.7 tacoma moter, toy W56 tranny, dual toy cases with 4.7 to 1 gears in the back case. 5.38 gears, tera 60R axles, ARBs and cutting brakes, hydro steering, 38 inch cut TSLs, 17x8 beadlocks
Are you running this rig now? how much does it weigh?
My comp rig weighs 3000 ....single seat tube, LS1,700r,atlas,raven
60's and the Bfg's and tsl's weigh about the same. I'm trying to go a little lighter next year. Everybody down south still running
full width 1 ton stuff? And motor:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
1.6 probaly weighs 100 lbs with the head and no the sammy t case does'nt split

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
rocraven said:
I know eveyone has an opinion on the hottest setup. Lets hear
it. Would like to run a 2.0 or 1.6,auto yes auto,need to disconnect axles. Possibly 44's since I have 4-6 laying around
I think I can have 33 spline axles made or maybe 300m 30 spline.
I would rather not run dbl t-cases to save weight but.....

And DSI where did you end up at St.george?
Sounds like a shaffer copy to me. :eek: This year the trend is the light stuff.

I think a 1.6 auto would be a total pig. I think you would want more power when using an auto. So the 1.8 or 2.0 would be a better choice.

I've always been interested in that Isuzu alloy V6 (3.0 and 3.5). I think they have a pretty low weight, but pump out a little over 200 hp with good torque.

-Wayne

·
Registered
170 Posts
(DSI can't log teh g/f out :( )

well with the spotter kicking 3 cones, and his lack of spotting skills and ending up over @ the hospital friday after i got off my last course i ended 17th, not to proud of it to say the least :(

the 1.6 complete weigh's 230ish lbs, i've got a toy 5sp with a toy crawler box w4:1's and a home-made D300 adapter so i have my cutting brakes, and the D44's have cro-mo's up front and stock junkyard crap in teh rear i weigh 2480 with 3/4 tank of fuel (7 gallons)

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Skynard here on the board is competing in there new zuk buggy...

Vitara V-6 motor, auto, 5:1 tcase with d44's and 37's.......Motor has plenty of juice to it, but i think there over the 3000#mark....

I think that auto will be a pig behind the 1.6..........it might be different with the 2.0 it has somewhere around 130-140 HP.

Im running the 1.6 with a zuk tranny, 6:1 zuk tcase, stock zuk 5spd, D44's with 37"boggers on 10" steel beadlocks.....im 2800# with a full tank (12gal).

Brent from TT is making rear dline disconects also....

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
kris said:
[B

the 1.6 complete weigh's 230ish lbs, [/B]

Your full of shit kris cuz i can lift one by my self and shipping weigh for a complete 1.3 motor is only 95lbs :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
nozuk said:

Your full of shit kris cuz i can lift one by my self and shipping weigh for a complete 1.3 motor is only 95lbs :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

then shaffer lied to me :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

that's intake exhaust etc included :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
rockzilla said:

No Zook stuff ? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
144 Posts
rocraven said:

Are you running this rig now?

unfortunaly no:rolleyes: mines just 1.3 and toy axles, however i willl soon have a extra tacoma 2.7 moter lying around, and i already have 1 toy case so the engine tranny dual case setup may be an option for the future. but thats not an imidiate goal right now

and i dont think a 17" TSL exists, ?? just saying that if i were building an extreme comp buggy, i would go with bigger rims to cut down on the sidewall slop:flipoff2:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Titanium said:

No Zook stuff ? :flipoff2:
hood, cowl, windshield frame, grill, and some other misc. pieces

i have no plans of building this rig, i was just saying, if i had unlimited funds and time to build it, thats how i would love to do it:flipoff2:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: comp.setup

rotozuk said:

I've always been interested in that Isuzu alloy V6 (3.0 and 3.5). I think they have a pretty low weight, but pump out a little over 200 hp with good torque.

-Wayne
I have a isuzu v-6 sitting in the corner of the shop now. It broke the scale @300lbs and it 's tall apx 6'' taller than my LS1, the LS1
weighs 380 and with the cam change should put out around 375hp. I'm just searching for a lighter rig. my chassie is only 275
so about the only way I can save a significant amount of weight
is engine, and possibly a dana 300 instead of the atlas,and smaller axles. The auto behind the 2.0 is a 200r isn't it. And I did pull a 1.6 block only out of a side kick by myseft but the scale was broke so I couldn't weigh it. By the way how much can you shave the heads and deck the block on zuks?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RudeZuk said:
Skynard here on the board is competing in there new zuk buggy...

Vitara V-6 motor, auto, 5:1 tcase with d44's and 37's.......Motor has plenty of juice to it, but i think there over the 3000#mark....

Brent from TT is making rear dline disconects also....
any specs. on the v-6? and Brent from Trail Tough? are they like the drag race PG disconnects?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
DSI said:

then shaffer lied to me :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

that's intake exhaust etc included :flipoff2:
that a rebuilt motor from aapa why what did shaffer lie to you about

i've lifted a 1.6 8vavle and auto tranny by my self

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
nozuk said:

what did shaffer lie to you about
we were dicussing motor options and weight and in our convo he mentioned the zuk motor weighing over 200#

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
can you lift one up by yourself if it 200lbs i'm pretty damn stong then i remenber when i was 10 or so my dad made me move acrosss the yard

no offence to mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts