Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done watching the (crappy) Daytona 500 and I was noticing the strategic role of team work. I've seen this to a limited degree with Rock Runner Racing (Tracy and Jason always seem to be discussing lines) and I was wondering what role this could play in the future.

Are there going to be teams of identical rigs in the future that can share resources like parts, information, and positions to help eachother. Would it really big that big of a help in rockcrawling? Obviously you cannot block for eachother and draft, but there could be other benefits, right? Am I just nuts? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hmmm i keep waiting for someone to start selling a cookie cutter basic buggy chasis that is stamped out for the masses to compete with. (maybe someone does) This would do a lot to makeing it easer for the weekend racer crowd who arnt fully sponsored... Kinda like the sprint or imca stuff, spend you time racing and tuning rather than building (or repairing)

Then back to the original point, it'd be like any other chasis based class, most parts would interchange...

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
zukipuke said:
Hmmm i keep waiting for someone to start selling a cookie cutter basic buggy chasis that is stamped out for the masses to compete with. (maybe someone does) This would do a lot to makeing it easer for the weekend racer crowd who arnt fully sponsored... Kinda like the sprint or imca stuff, spend you time racing and tuning rather than building (or repairing)

Then back to the original point, it'd be like any other chasis based class, most parts would interchange...
You are in luck! Calrocs and some people from this BB are working on a Spec. class that promises to be afordable and very competitive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
you might just be in luck jason and all of us are thinking of building chassis that are bare boned so you can put what ever drivetrain you want in to them.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
IMO- there is a huge benefit to teaming with other competitive teams and having similar cars which can use the same same spares etc.

There are a lot of us who despite competing against each other, share that type of info now.

There are lots of chassis opportunities- Jason's, the Avalanche Chassis that John Gilleland drives, Campbell are all well established- once debugged a little better a local roundy round chassis shop will offer a chassis based off my new car. The chassis itself works great- I just have to make the link mts stouter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts