Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Dang....too bad I didnt look at this a few days ago. I'm selling a BX2200 with loader, 60" mower, rear blade and front snowblower for $7700.

Travis

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, it's a L2501, HST with loader and quick attach bucket, engine block heater and R4 tires, around here it's standard to load the tires, I think it's a liability thing. The dealer is 6 miles from my house, Salem Farm supply, they have another store too but it's down country from me.
I'm at 12873 but I would think most dealers are around the same price. I talked them in to giving me 1" wheel spacers as chains won't fit without them.
PM me if you want the exact price I paid, I've had it one month and have less than 2 hrs on it...lol

Yes, the MF are good tractors as well, they are all only as good as your supporting dealer IMO
I bought a L3301 right at $20k three years ago. That thing is awesome. Absolutely no issues. Looked at JD and same priced model was junk, no detachable loader, etc. the only thing weird is the turning breaks are on the same side as the hydrostatic pedal. Kind of useless, but I guess the use same design as the shuttle shifters so it still has the clutch on the left which I don’t use.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Fuck Kubota due to their shitty parts availability. Ive been waiting on an intake hose for 3 weeks now, and an air cleaner mount that is no longer available that I will have to fab up now.
Deere parts are about the same or a little less cost wise vs Kubota. I know Deere filters are cheaper than Kubota.
I can get just about any Deere part same day or next day at my local dealer, which is why I buy Deere. I have around 8 pieces of machinery that are all Deere now due to that. If a machine goes down I am back up and running within the next day, but I make money with my machines, if you can afford to be down for a week + then buy it.

My local Kubota dealer has been courting me hard on a tractor, its an ok machine compared to one of my 12 year old Deere's, its as cheap as a used Deere, but I am hung up on their shitty parts availability.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Huh...I've never had an issue with parts...granted I haven't needed too many but the ones I have needed have been in stock or on the next delivery.

Have you tried a different dealer?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Huh...I've never had an issue with parts...granted I haven't needed too many but the ones I have needed have been in stock or on the next delivery.

Have you tried a different dealer?
Only 2 dealers in my area, owned by the same company.
Its a Kubota issue.
Deere has depots across the country with parts stocking, I am blessed to have one in Denver which has just about everything I need.
Kubota stuff all seems to come out of GA. If I need it faster I have to pay shipping, and its still slower.

·
Registered
34,274 Posts
Looking to pick up a compact tractor in the 25-30Hp range like say a B series Kubota however I am not 100% set on that brand, only using it as a reference.

Not looking st new since if I buy a 20k tractor new for basically mowing my lawn that’s stupid so used in the 10k range as I see used tractors very drastically in prices when similar, I’m obviously not comparing a broken 1995 B2100 to a 2017 of a similar size. Massy Ferguson are always way cheaper than other known brands but why?

Found a Massey 1528 for 14.4k from a dealer in PA. Other brands would be over 20k.
Description reads......
- only 231 hours
- 4wd R4 industrial tires
- L90 loader
- hydrostatic trans
- 72" belly mower
- 3point hitch & 540 PTO
- 2post folding ROPS
- 28.4hp diesel
- Very good condition

I’m guessing they are just crap machines or known to be cheap with cheap hydros and under powered?

Really what I’ll be doing is mowing my lawn then some small house stuff with the bucket and adding a front mount blower for the winter. I honestly seeing this average like 100hr a year in time.
not that it matters, but I paid $15,300 OTD for my JD1025R with 62" drive over and bucket.... NEW... in 2015.

I was looking for a 1026r (prefer the older engine), but couldn't find one for less than $15k with 70-90 hours.

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
Fuck Kubota due to their shitty parts availability. Ive been waiting on an intake hose for 3 weeks now, and an air cleaner mount that is no longer available that I will have to fab up now.
Deere parts are about the same or a little less cost wise vs Kubota. I know Deere filters are cheaper than Kubota.
I can get just about any Deere part same day or next day at my local dealer, which is why I buy Deere. I have around 8 pieces of machinery that are all Deere now due to that. If a machine goes down I am back up and running within the next day, but I make money with my machines, if you can afford to be down for a week + then buy it.

My local Kubota dealer has been courting me hard on a tractor, its an ok machine compared to one of my 12 year old Deere's, its as cheap as a used Deere, but I am hung up on their shitty parts availability.
Your local dealer sucks. The one here is half the size of a Walmart and will jump through their ass to get you whatever you need.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Your local dealer sucks. The one here is half the size of a Walmart and will jump through their ass to get you whatever you need.
Even if the local doesn’t have it all, there are internet dealers that will.

I don’t even bother with local dealers anymore, if they don’t have a part they’ll order it, and that’s fine until they hook me with a $12 shipping fee on an $8 belt that comes in on their regular order anyway. And I still have to come pick it up 20miles away.
There are a couple dealers on the web that have done well for me and I don’t have to go anywhere to deal with them.

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
Even if the local doesn’t have it all, there are internet dealers that will.

I don’t even bother with local dealers anymore, if they don’t have a part they’ll order it, and that’s fine until they hook me with a $12 shipping fee on an $8 belt that comes in on their regular order anyway. And I still have to come pick it up 20miles away.
There are a couple dealers on the web that have done well for me and I don’t have to go anywhere to deal with them.
unless it's broken and I need to use it, it's far cheaper to order parts online.

local scag dealer wants $80 for a tiger cub deck belt. I can order a genuine one from amazon for $39.99 right now and it shows up to my door next week.

so now there's just a spare one on hand, because it's gonna eat a belt a season. That's just how that fucker rolls.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Are these small 25-35 hp compacts with loaders that max out around 1100 pounds actually useful or are they for mowing and hauling mulch around the yard?

My dad is in the market for a small tractor to work around the woods with. Put in some food plots, pull a brush hog, move gravel, skid logs, etc. we went and looked at some this weekend and the 25-35 hp ones just seem small. But the cost to jump up to a 45 hp model is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Right...but is it worth $10,000 to bump up to a 45 hp machine with a loader that can lift 2200 or are the smaller machines useful.

I will be using mine for firewood duty and I believe it will do just fine. I guess it all boils down to your budget and your needs. What do you think you will be lifting? I just sold my 34hp Kubota and replaced it with the new L2501, I had no complaints with the old one as far as lift capacity. It's not a large machine, it's not a front end loader, it's not a forklift, it's not a Lull so take that for what it's worth.

You should read up on the differences between the BX, B and L, Grand L and M series tractors.

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
Right...but is it worth $10,000 to bump up to a 45 hp machine with a loader that can lift 2200 or are the smaller machines useful.

is the time saved not making two trips worth that 10 thousand dollars?

how many times are you going to be lifting a single object that weighs more than 1100 lbs?

those are the questions you need to answer.
obviously bigger is always more useful, unless you really need to operate it between gates or some shit.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
JD parts salesmen quoted me for an alternator at $325 and it had to be ordered. I turned right around and got one for $90 shipped from some random warehouse on ebay. This was about a month ago.

They are the exact same at the Bobcat stealership. If you ain't got a model number you're wasting your breath. They have to have it just to sell you tires at 3 times the normal cost. And every part has a unique part number. If you don't know the part number of some rarely used part, you're usually screwed in trying to find it on ebay / amazon.

Although I've never had one, Massey Ferguson is a HIGHLY spoken for tractor. Just visit any compact tractor website forum. I posted once for my JD and l was told every 3'rd post to just buy a MF and be done with my problems.:laughing:

I don't know a lot about MF but I do know a lot of their engines are manufactured by AGCO Corporation.

https://www.agcocorp.com/

The last time I put an alternator on a John Deere was 20 years ago on an older model Deere. The alternator price from Deere was ridiculous, so I called Napa Auto Parts, they found a comparable generic model, and I think I paid around $40 for the part.

__

·
Registered
8,687 Posts

I have 3 tractors over 60 HP and one kubota b21 with the backhoe. I'll sell any one of the big tractors for market rate tomorrow and not shed a tear. You'll not pry that B21 out of my fingers unless I have a newer one with less wear and tear on it on my trailer. The only thing that gets more hours put on it is our kubota side by side with the dump bed and locking rear diff.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts