Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was doing a tune-up on my 90 K5 Blazer w/150k on it I decided to do a compression check on it while the plugs were out.I did not read the manual,but here is how I did it / I unhooked coil wire from the cap & let it hang w/o grounding it & I also unpluged the 2 wire plugs that go to the injectors on the TBI.Then I held the throtle down while I cranked the motor over several times for each cylinder.The readings were 165 to 175,that was with the motor cold.That seemed good to me but the problem is after doing that & putting new plugs (gapped .035) cap rotor & wires all hooked up right & checked several times it will not start,not even a hint of a fire.Had the modual checked the coil & are fine & it is getting spark to the plugs & also dumped gas down the TB still no fire.I give up,this is my first dealing w/TBI am I missing something.I even let it sit over night & it still did not fire. Any guesses are welcom & I will let you no the out come.I will change the fuel filter tomarow but it did run fine until I got my hands on it. Thanks Im sure its something simple

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS It is a 350 of cource & also the plugs seem to be dry.Did i ruin the fuel pump & shouldent I be able to just pour gas in the TBI to see if it fires that way ,I dont no

Please help

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must have had a seriouse brain fart.When I put the wires on the cap I looked at a picture in the manual that showed the 2 screws that hold the cap on,well I went by the location of the screws & the #s in the pic instead of the location the #s were facing on the cap if that makes any sence.All I had to do was rotate them one over cc wise & it fired right up.
Pretty embarising to say the least & all those hrs. wasted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts