Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I am swapping out the 1995 E4OD for a 1989 AOD and I would like a manual transmission computer to go with the AOD swap.

If I go to the junkyard and start looking through them, how would I recognize what I want to find? Does anyone know the identification label of such a beast?

I think it would go F5 something....

Yeah, I got it started and fired up to find that the transmission light starts blinking like crazy, and not only does it anoy me it also would raise a few eyebrows of a not thouroughly educated ref who thinks that blinking lights cause polution.

Adam:rolleyes:

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ALX,

I did do a search on this and all I saw dealt with 5.0.

Ya see, I am a 5.8 kinda guy.

I'll keep poking around...

Adam

·
Registered
701 Posts
well then my bad you would be lookin for somthing like this

F4TF-AHB :D :D :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the two largest junkyards in the county today looking for it, didn't find nothing. Doh!

Looks like I might have to order one, but first I want to know what performance gain I might get by swapping mine out for a stick shift computer. Does the E4OD not being there really hinder my performance of the motor?

Right now with the e4od not being there, the tranny light just blinks a lot. No check engine light or anything like that showed up yet.....

Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.