Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to relocate my computer now that I tubbed the front a bit (it no longer fits). Where's a good place to locate it (other than bungied to the rollcage like it is now) and will I have enough extra wire to located it to above the glovebox? I can sodder a bit but don't really want to splice the wiring. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Cut a couple holes in the bottom of the glovebox for the harness's and put it in there. That' where mine's been for a year. No wiring mods necessary.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
On my '88 I had to seperate the harness sections and extend one wire, it wouldn't go around the corner as tight as the others. I also cut the corner off the kickpanel for routing it. Other years may be different due to changes in the harness.

Make sure to wrap everything real good, including the glovebox support which has an edge on the back that could rub through the harness.

Made it real easy to swap ECUs with Bud when we were troubleshooting his truck at Yankee Toys Fall Gathering '00.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I made a simple bracket to hold the ECU so the back was flat against the small flat area at the back of the glove box.
The wiring is pretty tight in the '85 and I still have not tucked it away.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. Did mine tonight. Took about an hour or so. It kept on getting kicked especially since my truck is an 83 and EFI didn't come out till 85.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts