Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the dumbest firearm related move you've ever made?

i really really hate to admit this but i gotta get it off my chest.

i traded my .41mag taurus tracker revolver for an astra a75l 9mm that's been nothing but fucking trouble since the day i got it :emb: :emb: i finally had enough with it this weekend and i'm going to trade it towards something else, if they'll even give me anything for it :rolleyes:

so what stupid things have you done? doesn't have to be an idiot trade... help me feel better about myself!!!

·
Registered
39,918 Posts
Well, I didn't do it, but there is a nice sized hole that's been patched in my Mom's ceiling and roof, thanks to her Dad and his brain tumor. :laughing: Funny thing is that she never knew about it, until her Dad had been dead for about 10 years. When it happened, Dad patched it all back up before she got home from work, so she wouldn't get mad at Pawpaw. :D

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Not my truck, not my story, but would love to embarrass my friends. Buddies drove into town after deer hunting. Drivers gun was still loaded, passenger wanted to unload the one in the chamber, gun went off. Took out the shock, which took out the brake line and tire.

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
I shouldn't have sold the guns I did. two of them had great sentimental value, as they belonged to my friend George that killed himself 2 years ago. I have some great memories attached to those weapons.

I sold my SWD MAC-11 to a friend. I should have kept it.

I've had a number of deals on guns that I didn't buy, for various reasons, and in retrospect I should have bought them. All of them are likely to be banned by June of 2009.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Saturday afternoon I put a .45 HP into my 40" TVscreen :shaking:

Luckily it didnt go through but I couldn't even find fragments.... it did leave a nice 1.5-2 inch hold in the 2 inch thick glass and my house smelled like gun powder (talk about an aphrodesiac:smokin:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had a number of deals on guns that I didn't buy, for various reasons, and in retrospect I should have bought them. All of them are likely to be banned by June of 2009.
Im afraid anything with bullets maybe banned by june 09 if the bitch is back

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
I taught my wife to use a old 22 rifle first. then she took it upon herself to kill a snake in the house.

With the 22. :laughing: Several holes in the subfloor, small water leak and a need for new carpet. However, the snake was really dead. Poor garter snake. :(

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Not my truck, not my story, but would love to embarrass my friends. Buddies drove into town after deer hunting. Drivers gun was still loaded, passenger wanted to unload the one in the chamber, gun went off. Took out the shock, which took out the brake line and tire.

red X's

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Genius younger brother punched a .38 sized hold in our parent's house and tried to hide it with the laundry hamper ... didn't learn very much from that episode and managed to remove a 20Ga sized piece of ceiling from his buddy's bedroom when they were both in jr. high school.

We don't let him handle firearms ... still!!

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Just got my gun and went out shooting, thought I had emptied the mag and gave the gun to a friend to shoot. Told him it was empty, but he aimed and shot anyways and there was one more in there, nothing happened but it surprised the crap out of me, so I always check from now on. i don't like being surprised.

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
Just got my gun and went out shooting, thought I had emptied the mag and gave the gun to a friend to shoot. Told him it was empty, but he aimed and shot anyways and there was one more in there, nothing happened but it surprised the crap out of me, so I always check from now on. i don't like being surprised.
You don't clear, visually inspect the chamber, and hand over the weapon with the bolt open every time? That's not good weapons handling.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts