Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,491 Posts
As I recall (dimly) no...
I recall shove it as far forward as possible, nuthin about rock it up so it clears the tie rod...
moving it forward is what helps it clear the tie rod, using the flat pitman is what helps clear the leaf spring

before i wnt to a flat pitman arm i actually bent a pitman arm while winching up a waterfall because it was a drop pitman and it was stuck against the leaf. had to drive out the trail about 5 miles only being able to turn driver just barely, had to back up and turn passenger to make driver turns :laughing:

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
Don't guess it will matter next mont tho...
don't put that hex on me, jonah! :flipoff2:

apparently there is a 75% chance it will work with no loss to tech

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks everyone for your input!
Looks like I'll head over to the wanted section to see if there are any more parts that I could round up cheap.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have a follow up question. I don't have a shop welder but I have a MIG trail welder. It is a Ready Welder - sort of like a spool gun for a MIG welder. It runs off 12v auto batteries and is about the size of a 1/2" power drill with a spool at the bottom. I'm not concerned about the power output but am concerned about it's size.
Will I have enough room to weld in the steering box reinforcement plate on the inside of the frame?
Thanks

21 - 28 of 28 Posts