Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I won this puppy on here (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=818173&highlight=baileigh) and finally got a video put together so you guys can see what this bad boy is all about. The pictures don't do it near enough justice so here it is:

YouTube - My new RDB-050 tube bender from Baileigh

And a few hi res bend close ups

This thing is awesome we got the rear hoop for the exo bent up and looks like it is going to fit perfectly on the first try, only the second time I have bent tube!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Congrats on the win!

Now do those dies a favor and clean the tube with scotch brite so they are smooth with no rust and then get some wheel bearing grease and brush it on the face of the sliding surfaces so they dont get galled up.

·
Take a Knee
8,452 Posts
Congrats on the win!

Now do those dies a favor and clean the tube with scotch brite so they are smooth with no rust and then get some wheel bearing grease and brush it on the face of the sliding surfaces so they dont get galled up.
Ha ha! I was thinking almost exactly the same thing.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure what you are seeing at 4:26 but wise choice this is an amazing machine, and that tube was cleaned up I made the mistake of letting a friend store it and it came back very rusty :mad3: so that was all pitting the die was lubed but I will pick up some bearing grease if it works better for sure!

·
Vendor
3,706 Posts
Not sure what you are seeing at 4:26 but wise choice this is an amazing machine, and that tube was cleaned up I made the mistake of letting a friend store it and it came back very rusty :mad3: so that was all pitting the die was lubed but I will pick up some bearing grease if it works better for sure!
No bearing grease please. White lithium grease will work just fine. Easy to clean up. :smokin:

·
Take a Knee
8,452 Posts
White lithium grease works nicely and it comes in a convenient spray can. Notice the words "brush on" when referring to wheel bearing grease? I can only speak for myself, but that doesn't mean "brush on" like Tammy Faye does her makeup. That means a very light coating brushed on.

In the video you appear to be using WD-40. Technically, WD-40 is not a lubricant. It was originally invented to prevent corrosion. While it has some lubricating qualities, white lithium grease or bearing grease are much better suited for this purpose.

Your lubricant is irrelevant, however, if your tubing isn't smooth. From your close-ups, I'd be surprised if you haven't already damaged your die(s).

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 20 of 37 Posts