Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, flame suit is on. and I did a search.
Has anyone done a write up on converting the dually axle to a single?
I have found what I believe to be a Dana 70 (Can't find the numbers yeat), on an 1972 international 1210 pickup with a wrecker body on it. it is a dually and will need to be converted.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
If it is a rear axle just bolt your wheels on and go. The lug pattern is the same but the axle is a little narrower.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If its anything like converting a Chevy Corp. 14 bolt, you can leave it as is, or get some new studs for a single wheel application (shorter) and swap them in place of the dually studs.

Jeremy

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
they are both right. the wheels will bolt right on and the lugs are longer on the dually. isn't a problem but when i put my dually rear in myh jeep the threads on the lugs were messed up close to the hub where the dual wheels ride. with just a single wheel the gurrewd up section came out far enough that the lug nuts wouldn't tighten all the way down. try it if it works the leave it but if they are messed up swap to the lugs for the same rear only for a single wheel application. like bullfrog said they are shorter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts