Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4,500 watt generator. Is it feasible to convert this stadard generator to a generator/welder????? I know they sell them but hey, I'm a cheap bastard.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a look in both my generator welders ,one 200a the other 350a and all they had inside was a welder transformer inside running off the alternator(my old dedicated welder only set has high amp windings) so just do what the poster said above

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Like said it is possible to do anything with enough money and time!!

With your stated fact that you are cheap!!!

In your case no it is not possible because of self imposed budget limits.

But since your on a low budget shop around for a few of the same vintage model engine drive welder one with a bad engine one with a bad back end(generator) marry them and your good to go for the cheap!!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just trying to pack less shit. Don't want to pack a generator and welder , it would real nice to have just one gen/welder and be done with it. Thanks guys...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Depending on the amount of welding and thickness, you might look into a Miller bluestar gen. that will weld too.

Like everyone else said, it can be done. But it would be way easier to sell your gen and buy a welder/gen. If your ok with doing some work, you can find older miller bobcats for under 1k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts