Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has thought about converting a Jeep to a farm "tractor" in the eyes of the regulatory folks.

It sure seems easier to go buy a nice orange triangle and screw it to the tailgate and be done with it.... That way I could "limp" it to the trails from the trailer and not mess with registrations / inspections etc...

Just wondering instead of sleeping.

Ed

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have 20 acres that need plowing.:D

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
There is a guy in San Luis Obispo that has a tube frame vehicle he calls the "dune stang" he drives it all over on the street and it is registered as a farm impliment. I was talking to him at an autocross and he said he got pulled over on the way there and got no real hassel the cop didn't even give him his speeding ticket because "he didn't know how to write up a tractor for speeding" He had slicks on the rear of the car at the time.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah! I see a license plate on the cornbinder so I figure it's just decoration, but it sure seems like it would be "Just the Ticket" to get around all this smog / emissions / turnsignal / horn crapola.

Wonder if it can be done here in the Lone Star State?

Ed

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Rock Taxi said:
Yeah! I see a license plate on the cornbinder so I figure it's just decoration, but it sure seems like it would be "Just the Ticket" to get around all this smog / emissions / turnsignal / horn crapola.

Wonder if it can be done here in the Lone Star State?

Ed
That license plate is just as much of a decoration as the SMV emblem.

The plate(farm tags) came with the binder along with the expired registration sticker and the 1981 inspection.

I haven't been stopped yet, but that is the reason I put the SMV emblem on it. I think as long as you are traveling under 30 mph, have necessary warning emblem, and flashers you can get away with it. Everything but insurance that is.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Anything is possible in texas. I actually think getting eithier an antique licencing or a "show car" licencing would be eisier. I know with a "show car" (don't know the legal wording) registration insurance and inspection requrements are different. The whole point is you would be driving it on the streets just in parades and stuff, but it's still legal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts