Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted up a news release in our Industry News section that will help many of you with the question of where to get maxxis tires...http://www.pirate4x4.com/pr/
check it out, they are offering free shipping to boot. you will also see their new banners up soon promoting the new site. be sure to click on one to check it out

Thanks
Camo

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I checked the tire sizes available for online order and the 40 isn't there. Bummer!
Infact I must also say that website is a navigation nightmare.
I know, I suck at teh internet.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Wow these things are really appricating. Not too long ago we were getting 37's for $225 Now per maxxis website they are $300 :eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Erik D_lux said:
Wow these things are really appricating. Not too long ago we were getting 37's for $225 Now per maxxis website they are $300 :eek:
It almost looks as if they just included the price of shipping into the tire... hence their "free" shipping. :rolleyes:

Nebraskatire.com has 37x12.5-15's listed for $242.95 and 38x13.00-15 's for $290.95.

·
Registered
363 Posts
:barf: i hope there truck tires are better than there bmx tires seem to be i saw some of the old maxxis truck tires some cheapo mudders looks like they have drastically improved

·
Registered
713 Posts
GoFastCrackPipe said:
It almost looks as if they just included the price of shipping into the tire... hence their "free" shipping. :rolleyes:
haha, like when 4wph does their "buy 3, get one free" but the ea price is 33% higher...

·
Banned
5,372 Posts
GoFastCrackPipe said:

Nebraskatire.com has 37x12.5-15's listed for $242.95 and 38x13.00-15 's for $290.95.
Its called 'list price' or MSRP, manufacturers suggested retail price. Look at any site where you can buy directly from the mfg, 99% of them are much higher priced than what you'd pay from a distributor

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
k5krushert1 said:
:barf: i hope there truck tires are better than there bmx tires seem to be i saw some of the old maxxis truck tires some cheapo mudders looks like they have drastically improved
i run maxxis tires on my mountain bike and they are great. cant speak for their off road tires though.

probably will put maxxis tires on my ram when it needs new shoes... there are good deals on maxxis load range E tires.

·
Registered
713 Posts
i have a very high opinion of their commercial tires, installed hundreds of them at a previous job. bravo 751 i think were the ones.

not much experience with their offroad tires.

buckshot mudders are great.

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Kamik said:
damn, if only they shipped to canada for free....
or for a reasonable price even ;)

Find someone just over the border from you and have them shipped there, then you just make a run over the border and voila, new tires.

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Erik D_lux said:
yeah no shit makes Discounts $250 apiece seem reasonable

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
38x13.00-15LT D/8PR for $358.62 each!!!!! :laughing:

thats insane!!!

thats $1549.23 for a set of four after tax!!!!! :shaking: i can buy two sets of MTR's for that at my price. :eek:
ill stand by maxxis for quality but were not buying gold here!!
ill wait until they give me a set.. :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yota83 said:
: i can buy two sets of MTR's for that at my price.
and at the rate the MTR's rip and pop you'll need at least that many :flipoff2: I got 11k miles of use on my Daily driver and 2 flats from sticks in my driveway before mine were wore out. enjoy :D

The whole point here is that while Maxxix builds up it's dealer network to make them available to you at your local tire dealer or off road shop they are maiking them available through mail order. yes they are list price but if you want or need a tire that has beaten the BFG Krawler in comps thats the price you gotta pay. :D just for fun...whats the List$ or MSRP of a krawler ?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
No way I'd pay that much cheese for any tire, particularly anthing short of a 40. BUT, I do run Maxxis High Rollers in 2.35 width on my full-squish bike and they hook up nicely :flipoff2:
d

1 - 20 of 20 Posts