Pirate 4x4 banner

761 - 779 of 779 Posts

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Buddy’s truck. Kinda rare beast factory air, power brakes and tach.

I like it. A uncle of mine had a 71 or 72 3/4 ton that he sold. I was a little young (maybe 14), and wanted to buy it, but he traded it instead. It was a two tone orange and white body with he white cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Picked up these two 510 wagons a week or two ago - they've been sitting in a guy's backyard for the past 30 years. Floors look great, couldn't find more than surface rust anywhere. Green one's a bit dinged up, but the blue one is pretty clean over all. Supposedly 'ran when parked' and both engines turned freely with a wrench. '69 and '70 - both have factory a/c

IMG_0701 by lab_227, on Flickr

IMG_0702 by lab_227, on Flickr

IMG_0856 by lab_227, on Flickr

IMG_0857 by lab_227, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Picked up these two 510 wagons a week or two ago - they've been sitting in a guy's backyard for the past 30 years. Floors look great, couldn't find more than surface rust anywhere. Green one's a bit dinged up, but the blue one is pretty clean over all. Supposedly 'ran when parked' and both engines turned freely with a wrench. '69 and '70 - both have factory a/c

IMG_0701 by lab_227, on Flickr

IMG_0702 by lab_227, on Flickr

IMG_0856 by lab_227, on Flickr

IMG_0857 by lab_227, on Flickr
I know where there are 2 more in Chandler, 1 has a cage and a nissan motor swap, I think.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Good god man. WHY?
I got them for a couple hundred bucks a pop. The green one's pretty dinged up, but the blue one is pretty straight other than the dents in the front of the hood. They're actually pretty rad little cars - I've helped one of my brothers work on his a little bit. No plans for them yet, but at minimum I could pressure wash the piss out of them and get them running, throw a set of tires on them and sell them for a lot more than I paid. Although selling the clean one and using the money to build a ratty pre-smog street car seems like it'd be pretty appealing. No love for the old 510s here huh.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I got them for a couple hundred bucks a pop. The green one's pretty dinged up, but the blue one is pretty straight other than the dents in the front of the hood. They're actually pretty rad little cars - I've helped one of my brothers work on his a little bit. No plans for them yet, but at minimum I could pressure wash the piss out of them and get them running, throw a set of tires on them and sell them for a lot more than I paid. Although selling the clean one and using the money to build a ratty pre-smog street car seems like it'd be pretty appealing. No love for the old 510s here huh.
No

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Non-Lemming
78,530 Posts
Suit yourselves - I'm looking forward to working on the both of them :flipoff2:
Turn them into station wagon versions of this.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Good deal on the 510s. I had two of them in my teen years. Great handling little cars, wish I still had them and my 260Z.

761 - 779 of 779 Posts