Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a cool Swedish club. This website is in German, but has some awesome pictures including some of Jare's Alfa Romeo powered buggy.
Gelande Wagen Club Schweiz
Click on "4x4 Gallerie"
"BRD 2001" and "Norge 2002"
Both these have pics of Jare, some with the old "Dinitrol" sponcership.
"Truck-Trial Roppen / A 2001" has cool 8x8 pics.
"Schweiz 2000" Has pics of this fiberglass? CJ bodied rig. It's green and has portals. I saw it on the Riverscape Racers site once. I think it has hydraulics. Looks nice.

I found a few short video clips of Jare's Afla buggy, but I can't find the link. It was mixed in with gallery pictures. I will add it to the post if I can find them. Maybe some else saw them? Anyway he revs out the 24v Alfa Romeo engine. Sounds real nice.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
AAAAWWW YEAHHHHH, GET IT:

BWWAAAAHHHAAAAAAA :shaking: that fawkin rules.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think that one is Subaru powered Daniel. A closer look.

Another

This is the site with videos of Jare. It also contains 4 pages of Eurotrial pics. Videos are on page 5. Love the sound of that 24 valve engine!
EuroTrial 2002

·
Registered
126 Posts
Daniel said:
We americans are so far behind the europeans in offroad technology!

Couldn't have said that better myself! Not that I'm partial or anything.

Daniel, you'll probably like this suspension system too.

Hemscheidt Suspension Systems

Just sold a Unimog with one of these suspensions and it's pretty neat. A lot like a Kinetic system. This photo shows rear lowered.

It's funny how so many of these foreign companies develop great technology, only to be bought out later by an American company. :confused: If you can't beat'em......buy'em. :flipoff2:

-EuroTruck

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EUROTRUCK - Does that system improve the handling a lot? Ride quality? Flex? Looks cool. The Europeans have got it going on whether it be 4x4's or cars. Even their Semi's and buses are better. I really like the idea of a fluid "link" on a solid axle truck. It really improves everything. We'll see what happens when Tenneco releases the TJ kinetic system. I hope that gets the market going.

·
Registered
126 Posts
CaptainFleXJ151 said:
EUROTRUCK - Does that system improve the handling a lot? Ride quality? Flex? Looks cool. The Europeans have got it going on whether it be 4x4's or cars. Even their Semi's and buses are better. I really like the idea of a fluid "link" on a solid axle truck. It really improves everything. We'll see what happens when Tenneco releases the TJ kinetic system. I hope that gets the market going.

Oh yeah, it behaves quite nicely off-road. The ride quality is nice too but they didn't set this paricular system up to allow for more flex. This suspension has the same amount of travel as the stock suspension. The bonus is that you have more control over the suspension and can adjust it to your conditions. For instance, if the passenger side of the truck is down hill and conditions look good for a roll, you can simply raise the passenger side and lower the driver's side to gain stability so that you may pass through the obstacle unscathed. If you need to cross a deep river, you can raise all cylinders and keep that much more of the chassis out of the water.

The kinetic system is pretty cool too. They've been doing a site update at kinetic.au.com and their old videos have been removed. Those videos were interesting to watch. Hopefully they'll put them back. :(

The new VW Toureg has an adjustable ride height using an airbag system. It lowers while parked or at highway speed and it can be raised for up to 11.8 inches of ground clearance. This type of system should be more economical than the fluid link system and could be used effectively on a rock buggy.

It's definitely an exciting time to be an off-roader. There's lot's of new technology hitting the marketplace. When it will become affordable is anyone's guess. :D

-EuroTruck

·
Registered
879 Posts
Howdy

First I must say that the page ain't Swedish its Swizz :flipoff2:

And Popo (green low Jeep look a like) don't have hydraulics. Just coil overs and Volvo axles and Honda accord engine and tranny.

Jare from Finland:D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
EUROTRUCK said:

The new VW Toureg has an adjustable ride height using an airbag system. It lowers while parked or at highway speed and it can be raised for up to 11.8 inches of ground clearance. This type of system should be more economical than the fluid link system and could be used effectively on a rock buggy.

-EuroTruck
The last generation Range Rover had this system and the new one is even better allowing the uptraveled side's air to go to the opposite side airbag. The highest setting is only engaged in low range. The lowest setting comes on at about 80 mph. The new Porsche Cayenne has a similar system. The airbag setup IS fluid. Fluid = liquid or gas

Thanks for the update Jare

1 - 20 of 24 Posts