Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i actually have seen one of those at a show, it was sitting next to a dodge M37 and was only a bit longer and taller, alot smaller than our version of the same rig.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Pimp,

I'd e mail them and see if they have any more, or maybe some even cooler stuff. The eBay ad say's they're the worlds largest dealer of automtive sales brochures.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I don't know how to scale it is, but it appears to be a very accurate copy of a US WW2 2 1/2 ton truck. They were gas powered...302 ci straight six if I remember right, which I usually don't. At first I thought the auction was for the truck:( Pretty impressive tandem rear axle flex!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I like the pic with the 45 following through the river. Looks like a miniature version of the 6x6.

To Cool:D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fj40crusher said:
I like the pic with the 45 following through the river. Looks like a miniature version of the 6x6.

To Cool:D
don't think it's a 45, it looks the same as the 6x6 just 4x4. Look at the rear fenders.....

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

this one
from here http://www.brian894x4.com/MILITARYTOYOTAS.html scroll down

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
chef said:
I don't know how to scale it is, but it appears to be a very accurate copy of a US WW2 2 1/2 ton truck. They were gas powered...302 ci straight six if I remember right,
Yup. My buddy bought a 1952? GMC Duece, and it was a 302 inline 6 with a two speed automatic that threw you back HARD if you were not expecting it.

The engine is VERY similar in size to the cruiser 6, and he actually dropped in an f motor distributor to start it and run it until the 24 volt system toasted the points. Ran for quite a while, tho. 15 minutes or better. The distributor dropped right in, as the cruiser 6 is basically a copy of this style GM motor, right? We looked at it to see if you could toss it in a cruiser, but he ended up getting rid of it. I would guess the HP would be lame, but the tourque should be nuts.
He bought the whole truck, with a braden 10 ton winch on it, and around 30K with no real rust for $250.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
kling-on said:

this one
from here http://www.brian894x4.com/MILITARYTOYOTAS.html scroll down
That is the best toyota webpage i've seen in a long time in terms of oddball cool factor. Ehsan, if you can find one of those pickups, and post up what sort of engine, transmission, transfer, axles it has, I'm really curious!!! Same for the big truck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts