Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the coolant fan pulley bearing is seized on my 89 3.0 v6...toyota will only sell the whole Coolant Fan Pulley Bracket for 690 bucks!!! is this the same part on the 22-RE's??? Any idea where i can find cheap dealer parts...this is a dealer only sold item. I found a used one for 200...good deal??? thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Hobsdaddy said:
the coolant fan pulley bearing is seized on my 89 3.0 v6...toyota will only sell the whole Coolant Fan Pulley Bracket for 690 bucks!!! is this the same part on the 22-RE's??? Any idea where i can find cheap dealer parts...this is a dealer only sold item. I found a used one for 200...good deal??? thanks.
On the 22RE, the radiator fan/clutch bolt to the pulley on the water pump and the same belt that drives it runs around the alternator which is how its tensioned, here's a picture of mine (fan would normally bolt to the red pulley):

·
Registered
47 Posts
fyi, for the 690$, you get a new fan/clutch assy along with the mount/bearing assy.

this is a really good reason to switch to an electric fan early, lightening up the duty of that bearing assy.
If you found one for 200 beans, unfortunately it is a descent deal, or the best one to date.

Someone eliminated the whole thing, and went with custom belts. Not a bad idea, but I would suspect adjusting would be a bit of a pain.

a crafty bastard can disassemble the mount to get to the brg, but a drop in replacement is not available.
GL

·
Registered
449 Posts
Do you remember who did the custom belts? Sounds like a good idea to me, the fan pulley bracket is only an idler anyway...I don't need AC either, so I could trim it down to just two belts ? :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts