Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been able to find much on these. Looking at 37x13.5r17. My dad bought an LJ and wants to get rid of the Mud Grapplers in favor of something more dual purpose. So what's the good the bad the ugly?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I have them in the 31 10.50 flavor on my weekend wheeler zuk. So far I love them. Flex real well, fairly soft compound sticks the rocks well. They dig in the deep snow as well. Sidewalls are real stout. all 5 balanced out very well, seem to be true round tires. Smooth on highway and track very well. Not very loud at highway speeds. Bout all I have on them so far.

I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a set of 37's for my buggy. I currently run bfg reds on it for most all wheeling, but have a set of the cooper stt's (older style) on a set of rims for snow and other times the reds aren't needed. I really wish I had the money to replace the older stt's with the new pro's. I feel they are that much better.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Is that size available? We checked a month ago for some 35R17s but the size wasn't available yet. I want to run a set on my tow pig once the toyo MTs wear out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is that size available? We checked a month ago for some 35R17s but the size wasn't available yet. I want to run a set on my tow pig once the toyo MTs wear out.
They make 315-70-17 in an E rated, that is a 35 inch tire. I doubt they would waste time making a flotation size 35x12.50-17 also

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I have been happy with my 35-12.5-15s so far. The tread pattern is open between the large lugs enough to keep them from slicking out in the mud. They are loud on the hwy though, but no where near what the old 35-10.5-15 boggers were. They are doing DD duty on my now wheeling retired Toyota.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well pops purchased a set. Were going to get them mounted up this weekend and hopefully hit Bridgeport OHV park in a couple weekends. Anyone interested in possible pictures or feed back?

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
a friend has a set of the 37s on his jk and he loves them. he drives to and from the trails year round and they perform awesome in all environments. I would highly recommend them for a rig that see's both the pavement and trail. this was after a day of snow wheeling at 3-4 lbs of air

Attachments

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Well pops purchased a set. Were going to get them mounted up this weekend and hopefully hit Bridgeport OHV park in a couple weekends. Anyone interested in possible pictures or feed back?
Updates?

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
40s should be coming out in a few months. I plan to replace my 37in interco trxus MTs with the STT pro

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have the 37s on a cj7. Great tire. I balanced them with airsoft pellets. Check ebay. I picked them up really cheap.

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
40s should be coming out in a few months.
50/50 chance that will ever happen. That same rumor was going around when we were making the older version. I heard "in a few months" 6 years in a row.

Ive got some 37's on order- looking forward to trying them. FWIW- there's a 37x12.50 that is load D, and a 37x13.50 that is load E (17" only). If you're running these on a crawler, get the 13.50. Carcass is alot tougher.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Love them, 37x13.50 load E running at 25 psi. Impressed so far..

Balance easily, minimal road noise, clean out good in the mud. Havent wheeled hard yet.

·
Registered
512 Posts
700 miles and a half dozen wheeling trips on my 35s and they are doing great. I have two pretty deep sidewall cuts but no leaks or issues thus far. Very happy with them.

Disclaimer: My tires are sponsored to me. My opinion would be the same regardless.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts