Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm still pleased with my set.
What do your 35s actually measure? I'm thinking of trading a tsl for these my 38s on measure 36. If they are true 35s I think I'm sold on a set.

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
A completely fictitious character is going around the innerwebs spreading the rumor that he may or may not have seen these in 40x13.50x17 deep in a test lab somewhere. Take it for what it's worth. :evil:

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
What do your 35s actually measure? I'm thinking of trading a tsl for these my 38s on measure 36. If they are true 35s I think I'm sold on a set.
It's not an exact comparison, but my 37×12.40/17 STTs(the pros replaced the STT) measure 36.5 inches mounted on 9 inch wheels @ 35 psi on my 71 chevy.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm running the 37x13.5r17 on my S10 and absolutely love them. Having said that, I don't do mud, lol. Rocks, trails and daily driving primarily. Just finished a 6,550 mile round trip from the Tulsa area out to the Rubicon, spent 5 days there, up through Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado with zero issues and the guy spotting me on the Rubicon loved to mash the sidewalls in to rocks where it should have pinched them with the wheel and they handled everything flawlessly. They are a little louder than would prefer, but you can't have everything. I've got around 10k on then so far and I will buy them as long as they are available.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts

Next to a 40in pro comp

Testing them in the local hills!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Curious about sidewalls and price cos the 37" STT pro's are pretty cheap for a 37........

·
Registered
234 Posts
$410 each for the 40x13.50x17!!!

Cooper Tires are made in my town of Texarkana and my father works at the factory for the last 48 years. I just got off the phone with Cooper Service, the service center here that orders the tires and was told $410/tire.

I am so excited to see Cooper make a 40 and will be getting a set very soon for my early Bronco.

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
$410 each for the 40x13.50x17!!!

Cooper Tires are made in my town of Texarkana and my father works at the factory for the last 48 years. I just got off the phone with Cooper Service, the service center here that orders the tires and was told $410/tire.

I am so excited to see Cooper make a 40 and will be getting a set very soon for my early Bronco.
Bet I know your dad. :grinpimp:

Finally got some 37x13.50s after 6 months on backorder :shaking:

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Never made it out to Bridgeport but dad made a trip to Ouray Colorado and the surounding areas. He hit a bunch of trails and and put a few miles on them. Zero complaints so far he said they worked very well even without airning down.

FYI he got 37x13.5x17s on Walker Evans beadlocks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
He's an electrician in Area B maintenance. Old timer but still going.

Sweet! Looks great, I bet you are ready to try them out. Cooper Service is supposed to call me back Monday and let me know when the date of availability is for the 40s. Everyone at the home office was out today because of the Thanksgiving holiday.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts