Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
He's an electrician in Area B maintenance. Old timer but still going.

Sweet! Looks great, I bet you are ready to try them out. Cooper Service is supposed to call me back Monday and let me know when the date of availability is for the 40s. Everyone at the home office was out today because of the Thanksgiving holiday.
We've been building them for 6 months or so. Only problem is Cooper service will be the last ones to get some.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'll do a little update on mine since I've got a few miles on them so far.

37 x 13.50 x r17 E range. Quickly coming up on 3,000 road miles on them and only one wheeling trip.

On road, I'm quite happy with them. It took a bit to get them to balance out, but I blame that more on the cheap wheels than the tires. I haven't had them in the snow yet, but wet performance leaves a little something to be desired (not that it is sketchy or anything, about on par with a typical mud tire).

On the one off road trip I have been on with them (Flat Nasty in Southern MO), which was mostly slightly damp rocks. I was amazed at how well they folded over for an E rated tire (15 psi), and how well they hooked up.

At this point I would recommend them, though I hope that I'm not in the honeymoon phase at this point.

·
Registered
184 Posts
There is a guy in our club that just put 35x12.5 on allied bead locks on his TJ. He went hog wild all weekend in Harlan especially since he installed RCVs in the 30.

Load range C I suppose and the tires were wrapping and folding nicely to give him some stellar grip. I would say they easily outperformed any radial tire in our group. (Trail grappler, KM2s, Duratracs, mud grapplers). A ton of mud and rocks that weekend. They impressed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,947 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ive had my 35-12.5r15's (E rated)out a few times and daily drove my truck for a few months with them on. So far I really like them for an all around tire. Great on the road with minimal noise. Decent in the snow. Not so great on ice but its had to find a tire that does well anyway.

However. First trip out in the rocks I ran 10 psi and got a nasty cut in my sidewall that was close to being a day ender. I didn't happen to notice until I got home and a few days after.

Pretty sure it was in this spot that I had sliced it. It was my passenger front. I was stuck in this hole and had to grip the passenger side wall to get up.

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
Ive had my 35-12.5r15's (E rated)out a few times and daily drove my truck for a few months with them on. So far I really like them for an all around tire. Great on the road with minimal noise. Decent in the snow. Not so great on ice but its had to find a tire that does well anyway.

However. First trip out in the rocks I ran 10 psi and got a nasty cut in my sidewall that was close to being a day ender. I didn't happen to notice until I got home and a few days after.

Pretty sure it was in this spot that I had sliced it. It was my passenger front. I was stuck in this hole and had to grip the passenger side wall to get up.
Uh, we dont make a load E 15". :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
Finally got to wheel these on my own rig last weekend in Hot Springs

Really, really, really impressed. Stickiest "non sticky- nice street tire" ive ever had. Gripped wet rock really well. 4500lb... 10psi front/ 8psi rear seemed about perfect.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Finally got to wheel these on my own rig last weekend in Hot Springs

Really, really, really impressed. Stickiest "non sticky- nice street tire" ive ever had. Gripped wet rock really well. 4500lb... 10psi front/ 8psi rear seemed about perfect.
Good info, keep us posted on them, how they wear, sidewall strength etc.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just bought two sets - 37x13.50x17 and 40x13.50x17 for my Broncos. In the process of doing an axle swap so will get to try the 37s out first. The other Bronco with the 40s will be ready at the end of the year...

The 37 weighs 80 lbs
The 40 weighs 90 lbs

I weighed them on a digital bathroom scale.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Im going to buy the 37x13.50 17's for my truck, it was a toss up between these and the Toys Mt same size.
My brother has the Toyos on his daily driver crew cab same size but I wanted to try something different.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tried mine at Rausch Creek two weeks ago. I've previously ran Toyo MTs and Nitto TGs. Out of the three, I prefer the STT so far. The grip in wet/rocky situation is incredible. No highway miles yet though.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts