Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I just bought two sets - 37x13.50x17 and 40x13.50x17 for my Broncos. In the process of doing an axle swap so will get to try the 37s out first. The other Bronco with the 40s will be ready at the end of the year...

The 37 weighs 80 lbs
The 40 weighs 90 lbs

I weighed them on a digital bathroom scale.
Thats pretty light for 40's! How close do they measure to 40"?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally aired down to 13 PSI and they barely flexed. Later aired down to 9, and they started working better. They were brand new with 0 KMs on them when I hit the trail that morning. Sidewall seems to be of average thickness for a dual purpose MT tire.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Originally aired down to 13 PSI and they barely flexed. Later aired down to 9, and they started working better. They were brand new with 0 KMs on them when I hit the trail that morning. Sidewall seems to be of average thickness for a dual purpose MT tire.
Had the exact same experience with mine (35x12.5r15). Next trip i had to air them back up because i went down to like 5-6 on them because they werent squatting down lol

They are a tad noisier on road than bfgs, but its a damn jeep, helps drown out the other noises. Very pleased with mine offroad, done quite a few things i didn't think id be able to, which got me in a few places a had no business

·
Registered
8,947 Posts

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I would try these in a sticky if they made them....

45acp??

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Thinking about picking up a set if the 40s, now that they have came way down in price. Americas (discount) tire quoted me around $350 ea. They are $375 on thier website.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
As for the actual size of the 40's, I had a buddy measure a brand new STT pro at street pressure and it came out to 38.5" so apparently they run a little small?
That sucks

Funny though because I've been wanting a tire that size, up until I just sold my Toyota axles and now I want a true 40-42 :laughing:

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
That’s weird, they measure out as 39.76 from cooper.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts