Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
I have bought 4ea 35x12.5x15's...4ea, 2 pairs of replacements were out of round:mad3: but warranted. so out of 6 tires only 2have been good.
They do work great air down off road.
But I'll never buy them again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have bought 4ea 35x12.5x15's...4ea, 2 pairs of replacements were out of round:mad3: but warranted. so out of 6 tires only 2have been good.
They do work great air down off road.
But I'll never buy them again.
That's my experience too, they seem to be a very good tire off road, but I can't rotate mine because I only have 2 that are balanced anywhere near good enough to run on the front, so I'm gonna have a square pair with good tread on them when the fronts are done. My spare has 2 6" patches on the inside trying to get it to balance.

·
Registered
12,604 Posts
This is kinda funny to me, I actually swore off Cooper tires a while back after having 3 out of 4 tires separate on a work truck. The tires had maybe 20k on them. Always checked pressures and rotated regularly.

I told that story to quite a few people who said they had bad experiences with cooper's and wouldn't buy them again.

Sorry 45acp :flipoff2:

After seeing the price of the 40s and liking the tread pattern, I was thinking about giving them another shot until I read these last posts.

·
P.B.A.
4,321 Posts
I went wheeling with a guy today. Who had ran the old cooper mud terrains and now has the sst pro’s. He said he can’t make climbs that he previously could have. He personally isn’t that impressed with them.

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
I went wheeling with a guy today. Who had ran the old cooper mud terrains and now has the sst pro’s. He said he can’t make climbs that he previously could have. He personally isn’t that impressed with them.
That sucks. However, it's great to know, I was kinda eying these up.

·
Registered
12,604 Posts
That sucks. However, it's great to know, I was kinda eying these up.
Iirc the old ones had a lot of siping, which usually helps with traction. On the flip side it makes the tires chunk out faster. The one guy I know who ran the old cooper's said he wasn't happy with the amount of chunking after one fordyce trip. That was my experience with my mtr-k's as well.

·
P.B.A.
4,321 Posts
Iirc the old ones had a lot of siping, which usually helps with traction. On the flip side it makes the tires chunk out faster. The one guy I know who ran the old cooper's said he wasn't happy with the amount of chunking after one fordyce trip. That was my experience with my mtr-k's as well.
The guy that talked with had just had the new ones siped. But hadn’t hit anything hard yet.

My mtr-k’s chunk out a lot more than my old og mtrs. I’m not all that impressed with them. Although they’re quiet and run pretty smooth.

I’m eye balling the falkens or Nitto trail grapplers. But that’s another thread.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
The guy that talked with had just had the new ones siped. But hadn’t hit anything hard yet.

My mtr-k’s chunk out a lot more than my old og mtrs. I’m not all that impressed with them. Although they’re quiet and run pretty smooth.

I’m eye balling the falkens or Nitto trail grapplers. But that’s another thread.

I’d go nitto over the falkens. My buddy has a set of falkens and absolutely hates em. I’ve watched him climb obstacles running 6lbs of air nothing hanging em up. Just 4 tires spinning doing completely nothing, then his dad in the same rig (TJ) on the same size tires but with Iroks walk the obstacle.

I didn’t hear it first hand but from what he’s heard talking to people running them is that they hook up ok when new and once they wear a tad they get horrendously worse.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I’d go nitto over the falkens. My buddy has a set of falkens and absolutely hates em. I’ve watched him climb obstacles running 6lbs of air nothing hanging em up. Just 4 tires spinning doing completely nothing, then his dad in the same rig (TJ) on the same size tires but with Iroks walk the obstacle.

I didn’t hear it first hand but from what he’s heard talking to people running them is that they hook up ok when new and once they wear a tad they get horrendously worse.
having run with the ORD guys on UA2017, how do your coopers compare to nittos.....Ebay has really good pricing on coopers at the moment and really toying with biting.

mind you this is a trail only truggy.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
having run with the ORD guys on UA2017, how do your coopers compare to nittos.....Ebay has really good pricing on coopers at the moment and really toying with biting.

mind you this is a trail only truggy.
That's a tough one because most of the wheeling we did wasn't tough enough on tires. Sand Hollow is very favorable to tires because its like sand paper, damn near bald tires would work well. Both ORD and I were one of a couple rigs to make the big ledge on the UA video.

The rest of dirt roads there wasn't a competitive advantage over either.

If we spent a lot of time of slick and wet rocks or boulders that moved under you I would say I could have a good comparison.

Its also tough to tell with rigs that are very different. Hes got way more travel, way more horsepower and more gearing. With that said I did not see either of us going damn, I would have made that if my tires gripped.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts