Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cooper Tire took the top 3 spots in the
RROCK Modified Stock Class 2009 Season Opener!

1st Place Team Bruso Motorsports
2nd Place Team Digger
3rd Place Team Rubber Belly Racing

All 3 teams sporting the 35" Cooper Tire Discoverer STTs.​

Cooper Tiire dominates in RROCK Mod Stock!
The Cooper Tire Discoverer STT is an awesome tire,
can definately match up to any tire out there in the Mod Stock Class.

Looking forward to seeing one of the top 3 in the Cooper Tire All Stock Nationals @ Hannibal Rocks, being
a Cooper Tire rig; and we've got several that that could apply to.

www.coopertire.com

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
cool good to see more tires manf. sponsoring events! What are the rules for tires and what other brands are run, out of curiosity.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool good to see more tires manf. sponsoring events! What are the rules for tires and what other brands are run, out of curiosity.
Any tire brand is allowed in the RROCK Series.
There is a 35" tire Maximum in Mod Stock, no red labels/stickies allowed.
There is a 40" tire Maximum in the Legends and ProMod Classes and
Red Labels/Stickies are allowed.

Other tire brands currently running in RROCK are BFG, ProComp, Pitbull and Maxxis.

RROCK rules can be found at www.rrock.us
All events held at Hannibal Rocks.
Next RROCK Event dates June 13th & 14th.

·
Premium Member
13,267 Posts
Everyone please please PLEASE go buy a set. Im tired of working 3-4 days a week and need some money. :laughing:

·
Trail Tampon
6,028 Posts
Everyone please please PLEASE go buy a set. Im tired of working 3-4 days a week and need some money. :laughing:
how about some information on what is available to us?

i never even knew cooper made a decent offroad tire

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
the STT's are a cool tire. kinda resemble a toyo open country mt? i have seen alot of guys run them on DD's and tow rigs, and tey seem to perform well in the comps now too

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I am really happy with how they perform. The compound seems to be really good for rock crawling and work better in the wet/muddy rocks better than other mudtires I have ran. Don't let the looks fool you with these tires and mistakenly compare them to MTR's... :) I just switched over to them on my trail rig as well. Can't wait to see how they preform down at Katemcy next weekend.

Jake

·
Registered
580 Posts
Unless something has changed in the last 6 months (and I know...a lot has changed in 6 months), Pro Comp Tires are made by Cooper. I know they count as a different manufacturer, but Cooper Makes them to the ProComp spec.

Cooper ALSO makes the Mickey Thompson tires.

I have Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ'z on my Taco, and 38.5 ProComp xTreme AT's on my Jeep, and I have to say, I'm very happy with both tires. Cooper Tire makes a quality product, no matter what flavor you buy it in.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
I just picked up some 37x12.5x17 for my rig but don't have them mounted yet. They were a good 3" taller than my 35" MTR's. Having seen them first hand at RROCK and ASN I'm impressed with them. They aren't a sticky by any means but hold their own with the rest of the major players. I can't wait to see how they do.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I had a set o of the STT's on my sidekick for a mag test. they were amazing tires. Up our way they did simply amazing in the snow. dry rock were really good too. Not so good in loose muddy rocks though.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

You should be able to pick up the Discoverer STT tires at any Cooper
Tire Distributor.
If you have any problems, email me [email protected] and I'll find out
the info for you.

Debbie

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Run the 37's and they do great in everything I have thrown at them. Its a DD rig also. They were never even balanced and run up to 70 without a slight vibe or hop.

·
Premium Member
13,267 Posts

I dont sell 'em, i just build 'em. :p AFAIK the STT only goes up to a 37". I plan on getting a set when my IROKS wear out. The STT was redesigned a couple of years ago and i can tell you its a tough mofo for a radial. From what ive seen they are about the best "non-sticky" radial rock tire out right now both in grip and sidewall strength.

For the record, we build Mickey Thompson, Pro Comp, and Dick Cepek... and alot of other house brands.

The following statement needs to be forwarded to your marketing guys in Findlay...they have built amazing tires for how long now??? Still, nobody has a clue they are a SOLID choice for an offroader...in fact, for the dual purpose rigs, they are pretty much the TOP choice...but who know about them?
Ive worked there since '94, and we've BEGGED them for years to step it up in the marketing department. Since the STT redesign we have made one of the best radial rock tires out there and not one single ad in any 4x4 mags.

·
Premium Member
17,819 Posts
I dont sell 'em, i just build 'em. :p AFAIK the STT only goes up to a 37". I plan on getting a set when my IROKS wear out. The STT was redesigned a couple of years ago and i can tell you its a tough mofo for a radial. From what ive seen they are about the best "non-sticky" radial rock tire out right now both in grip and sidewall strength.

For the record, we build Mickey Thompson, Pro Comp, and Dick Cepek... and alot of other house brands.

Ive worked there since '94, and we've BEGGED them for years to step it up in the marketing department. Since the STT redesign we have made one of the best radial rock tires out there and not one single ad in any 4x4 mags.

No shit, until they were posted in this thread I'd never heard of them and I've been looking for some dual purpose tires for my build now in a 35" flavor:grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

Ditto on what I think a few said above. Cooper has been making the ProComp tires since the late 90's. They been an off-road tire maker for a long time- just never seemed aggressively marketed their own name in the offroad community.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just picked up some 37x12.5x17 for my rig but don't have them mounted yet. They were a good 3" taller than my 35" MTR's. Having seen them first hand at RROCK and ASN I'm impressed with them. They aren't a sticky by any means but hold their own with the rest of the major players. I can't wait to see how they do.
Can we expect to see a debut of your new rig
on Cooper Tires for SheRock Erin?
Leah did so well last year, she's a hoot!
It's great that Cooper is extending out to
even more enthusiasts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts