1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FINISHED PICTURES

Jeep specs ended up as follows
5.3, Turbo 400, 3 speed stak mini
112" wheel base, 8" up at 22.5" belly
42" Pitbull Rockers with Trail Ready beadlocks
HP Dana 60 with ORI struts
Shaved 14 Bolt with air shocks (ori's later)

I thought I would go ahead and throw up a build thread on the 00 TJ im building. Little history I bought this in march of 09 did a little work on it and started wheeling it. I wheeled it all year long and had great luck with it. I never really had any problems with it and It went up nearly everything I put in front of it. But as always I want to go faster and bigger. My old specs were 4.0, ax-15, stak 5.44, d60 front and 9" rear both with 35 spline chromo's and detroit's. It has RE long arm in the front and flipped XJ leafs in the rear and that gave me about a 106" wheelbase and it was sitting on 42" rockers. Here is a picture of it the way I wheeled it all year

Here is the plan for the jeep. It will be getting 4 link front and rear using all balistic joints. Pushed to 116" wheelbase with rear steer,full hydro and ORI struts up front and fox air shocks with FOA bumps in rear ( until I can get the $$$$ for ORI's in the rear). Will be getting a 5.3, turbo 400 and stak 3 speed :smokin:. It wont look much like it did before as Im also builidng a new cage and front tube fenders. Im also switching to 44" rockers .

Im shooting for a 23" belly and around 7" of up travel. Also I want to keep the soft top because all the trips we went on but 2 it rained on us and the top was sure nice. Also my son loves riding in the jeep and its nice to keep the sun off of him when its hot out

Here is the last picture I got of it still together

Started tearing it apart

Im hoping tommarow to get the rear axle out and maybe get the cage and seats out as well. Im planning on this being a 4 to 6 month build. I ordered the stak last monday so it will be awhile before it will be in. I will keep posting pictures as progess continues.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like them alot. Never had any problems out of them. I used grade 5 not sure if I should have used grade 8 but I had 5 psi all the way to 30 psi and they never worked loose or anything. I'm switching to 406yj's h1 beadlocks because i'm going back 8 lug

·
6x6x6 ROCKCRAWLER!!
1,311 Posts
I really like the sounds of this build! The ORIs are going to be sweet and I am anxious to see how you set them up on the Jeep! It really is amazing to see the size difference in the picture of your Jeep and the Scout of the 42" Rockers and the 44" Rockers! When I had my truck that has them next to my friend's Scout that is running the 44s the difference was not nearly that noticeable!!!
How do you like the performance of the Rockers in the area you are? I am sure you get into plenty of mud and rock mixture and then the wet rocks of Disney.... Do you find they perform any better or worse than other tires??
Definitely Subscribed!!!
Matt

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One reason the 44" rocker look way bigger in the picture is the 44" rockers have 25 psi in them and the 42" have 10 psi in them. Don't get me wrong the 44's are huge. I did not think there would be that bit of a differenc between the two. From Disney in the wet rock to smorr in the mud/rock these tires just hook period. I have been more then happy with them. They are really soft but wear great. Ya i'm excited to see how the ori's do. The scout in the background is runnin them in the front as well.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got some more done. Trying to figure out what seats im going to run. Anyone have any pictures of some twisted stitch apex seats? I have found a couple but looking for more.
I could not believe all the dirt that was under the seats and fuel cell. I washed it twice before a started tearing it apart

1 - 20 of 400 Posts