Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run the Corbeau Baja RS seats in a Defender? I'd like to put a suspension seat in Frankenrover with 5 point harness access and these seem like a really good deal. They have Defender seat brackets with sliders as well. I do realize I'll be limiting access to the underseat battery.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Hey,

I have a set of PRP Premiers that are +2" width and +4" height...Honestly, they were a PITA to install (I kept the stock cab/flooring), and given that I'm 6'2" and around 270lbs, they have made things tight especially with snow boots and 2 relatively long swing pedals to manage (the gas pedal is the OEM Chevy DBW).

Here are some pics - note the Tuffy 8" cubby box between the two (excuse the tired/beat look...we were working on getting her running for the next day!):

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
I'm currently looking at the Sparco Evo II as a replacement...more pictures:

(sorry for the upsidedown pictures)!

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
I put BMW buckets in a D90, on the stock seatbox.
Access was still possible to the battery.
The seats were too high for anyone over 6 foot, and the side bolsters were difficult to climb over.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got a pair of Jeep after market seats for my truck cab, made some brackets to make them demountable for access & easy cleaning. Not a full suspension seat but more than adequate for the wheel'in I'll be doing and with the adjustable back makes a bit more leg room possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts